Steering wheel issues?! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Steering wheel issues?!

My names is Lisa and I have a 2007 Pontiac G6. The other day I went to back out of a parking space and while I was turning the wheel it felt like it was pulling. As soon as I turned the wheel back to go straight my steering wheel was jerking side to side. I put my car in park and let go of the steering wheel and it was moving by itself from side to side. I have no idea of what would cause this. Some people suggested that it may be my bearings or something. If anyone has had this happen please let me know.

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 05:20 PM
RKH

I don't know how severe the steering wheel movement was or whether the wheels were also moving with the steering wheel motion.
If it were me (and I tend to be overly cautious), I would call the dealership to come have the car towed in and it would stay at the shop until they were able to identify a specific cause. In accordance with the terms of the warranty, they will provide you with a replacement if/when it takes more than one day. If they are unable to find something specific to explain and correct this problem, I would ask to speak to the Factory Service Rep. before taking the car back.
Lemon laws in my state (and they vary state by state) give them one and only one opportunity to fix a steering or brake safety issue.
I don't mean to sound alarmist but steering problems have the potential to be a serious safety issue.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

I took my car into the dealership today and they pretty much gave me the run around and then said that they were just going to replace the power steering gear. But they didn't find anything wrong with my car. They were just replacing this part to see if that is what was causing the problem. I told them that if they could not find a problem that they can take the car and shove it. I'm sick of being told that they couldn't duplicate the problem. I am the owner of this car and I know how it runs. Just like the way we all know our own body. Hopefully someone out there has this problem and got it figured out. Thanks for the reply though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in