Windshield Wiper replacement - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Cool Windshield Wiper replacement

I own a G6 GTP Coupe and need to replace windshield wiper blades....Can I really only buy them from a Dealership? My Dealer is charging me like $50!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 07:54 AM
Designed For Action

You do not have to buy the wiper blades at your dealer. Several companies make the parts now. Check your local auto parts store. Bosch, Valero and Trico have our applications.

Crimson Red G6 GTP Coupe / 6 MT

"Power And Performance Beyond OEM Restrictions"
'Sold**8/14/2008, but not forgotten'
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 04:01 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to musicman8120
Advance Auto Parts stocks two models of Trico blades for the G6. Exact Fit and Neo Form. Does anyone have any experience with either of these ? The Exact Fits are $10.88 and $9.24 ( drivers/pass ) and the Neo Forms are $ 17.77 and $ 16.96. Sure beats the $29 ea the dealer wants. The driver's side part # is 24-13 and the pass side is 21-13.

Thanks, Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P0004656c.JPG
Views:	2232
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	699  

Last edited by musicman8120; 11-17-2007 at 10:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 09:31 PM
RAM AIR!!

Send a message via AIM to coupe_gtp
The boshe ones work very well I highly recommend them.
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 12:01 PM

Do the Bosch and Trico blades fit without modification of the wiper arm? I'd really like to find blades that fit like the originals, but don't want to pay dealership prices!
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 08:49 PM
RAM AIR!!

Send a message via AIM to coupe_gtp
I do not know about the trico ones but I know the bosch ones fit on without a problem.
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 10:38 AM

I actually like these new types of wiper arms (pinch). They make it much easier to take the wiper on and off but there's no worry that the wiper will fly off.
I bought the Trico Neoform blades from Advanced Auto Parts and they work great. Infact I think they are even better than OEM blades. These blades were definitely worth the money. They are all season blades.

The price quoted above is correct. $16.96 for the passenger blade and $17.77 for the drivers side. Obviously the drivers side is more because it is 3 inches longer.

Also don't worry that the Manual for the G6 says 24 inches for the driver and 21.2 inches for the passenger like I did. The .2 does not make a difference and 21 inches works just fine.

The parts #'s are actually,
Driver Side: 162413
Passenger Side: 162113

What I did was pay for them online thru partsamerica.com (advace auto parts) and chose to pick them up at the store. They were ready when I got there.

I've never tried the Exact Fit blades. In my opinion being able to see in a rain storm is worth the extra money. Also the Exact Fit blades are not good for ice/snow. Since the blade itself is not one solid until like the Neoform, then it will definitely get ice buildup and not work very well.
lol the Neoform even has a spoiler to help with wind!

I really was impressed with the blades....
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 06:11 PM

I just wish the passenger side wiper didn't stop right in the driver vision area.
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 06:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to musicman8120
I wish I would have just ordered the Trico Neoforms instead of the Exactfits. They sit really high up as compared to the originals, and tend to " click " when the windshield is not very wet. Not the best at the " elevated " speeds I travel at either. When I think that I got over 50,000 miles from the originals, maybe in the long run the high priced originals might be the better deal....depends on how long the aftermarket ones last.
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 07:30 PM

I just bought the Trico Neoforms tonight finally. (Have needed new blades for awhile)
It was still painful to pluck down for overpriced blades, but at least I'm not buying at OEM prices.

It was about $36 or so for the pair. I'll see how they work. Purchased at Advanced Auto Parts.
post #11 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 06:33 PM

Glad this forum is here....I bought some cheapo blades at the Dollar Store, just to get home to find they wouldn't work. I should of checked here first.

So, I went with the Bosch Evolution from O'reilly's. they fit perfect, just like the OEM. Only $35 for the set. I would highly recommend them. No drag and fit low and snug on the window.
post #12 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 11:54 PM

I used those RainX Latitude wipers and i have to say i was impressed only because i wiped nicely...where it touched the window! They dont adhere or press fully to the windshield so i wasted $40 on wipers that only wiped half the window!!!!

Current Mods:
07 G6 GT White, 84K, 35% Tint, 8k HID Lows/Fogs, Tinted Tails, DRL Delete, DexCool Delete (is that a mod?) Eibach Springs, EBC Brakes, Orange Calipers, De-Badged, Front Tower Strut Bar, Painted Engine/Battery Covers, CRABS Opt# 3, "Tiger CRAB Ram Air", Custom Catback stepped up to 2.5" from 2.25" tubing with purforated rez and free flow muffler.

Coming Soon:
18" rollers, LED red interior lighting, LED tails, Complete Audio System Renovation as I have blown it up, Sedan HH spoiler, Custom Seatcovers, dash cover and floor mats with the G6 Embroidery, Painted body color mirrors, wiper arms, both front grills, side skirts and rear facia all body color painted.
post #13 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 09:41 AM
CrAzY Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestg6gt07 View Post
I used those RainX Latitude wipers and i have to say i was impressed only because i wiped nicely...where it touched the window! They dont adhere or press fully to the windshield so i wasted $40 on wipers that only wiped half the window!!!!
I hate when that happens lol

.~*Crazy J*~.

Appearance: Debadged, Black Overlays, LLumar 35% Windshield The Rest Are 15%, LED RL/BL, Fogs Lows and Highs are 8000K HIDS, G6 Vinyl Door Jam G6 Logo Covers, Custom Engine Bay Painting, Black Recessed Upper Grill, Red Caliper Painting, Tinted Tail Lights, Flexline Interior Lighting W/Remote.

Performance: Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, K&N CAI, Custom Strut Tower Bar.

System: Complete Kicker System (Tweeters, 6x9's, 6 1/2's, 2-12" CVX Subs, 1000 Watt Kicker Sub Amp, 350 Watt Kicker Internal Speakers Amp), JVC KW-AVX830.

Security: 5900 Series Viper Car Alarm, Custom Painted Remote
post #14 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 02:48 PM

More On Trico For G6

I see a lot of talk about Trico NeoForms for the G6. This is an older thread so I thought I'd update it. Trico NeoForms go for about 14.88-15.88 online now and Trico actually is running a $5-$20 rebate on them through 11/30/2009. A lot of our customers are snapping them up now because of the new, lower price and the rebate.

There is also a brand new beam blade by Trico that is available for the G6. Its called the Trico Tech Beam Blade with the new SWIFT mounting system. I noticed a comment or two above about wiper arms sitting higher. Where the NeoForm improves arm height over the Trico Exact Fit (or Trico Conventional) the new Trico Tech improves arm height even more than the NeoForm since the mounting system is off to the side a bit and lowered onto the blade. Here is a picture & product info:

These are so new that I haven't had a chance to test them much and I haven't received a lot of customer feedback but I will tell you they are BEEFY and really pass the eyeball/touch & feel test. I'm sure they're going to be great.

Hope this helps you G6 owners out there!!

Jeff

Last edited by geewhiz; 11-18-2009 at 03:04 PM.
post #15 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipers123 View Post
Hope this helps you G6 owners out there!!

Jeff
Jeff, I hate to say this but you’re spamming us. Look at this thread for some assistance.
https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5096

I'm deleting your links.

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in