Pontiac G6 Forum banner

07 Convt Top

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Scott Dame 
#1 ·
I got rear-ended and took my 07 retractable hard-top to the GM dealer for repairs. The bumper was fine but they had to replace the trunk deck. The repairs look great but... the top won't go down properly.

You push the button and the top starts the retraction cycle. When the deck lifts about 1-2 inches you hear a binding sound and the cycle stops. If you release the button and press it again the cycle works without any issue. Once, however, the top got "stuck" in the down position. To free it I drove to the GM dealer and they manually lifted the deck from the 1-2 inch position while I pushed the button.

The dealer says the parts are just worn and they want me to pay them $700+ for new parts. It was working fine when I took it in and I tend to think it's out of alignment or something. They say they tried to align it but that made it worse.... HELP!!!

Can anyone provide me some reference that I could show the dealer? If not is there a way to take this issue up the GM ladder to get it resolved?

Thanks in advance for any help you can povide!

#5 ·
Hi kedmonds,

I’m sorry to hear that you were rear-ended, and after repairs, the retractable top to your vehicle isn't operating properly. I cannot guarantee anything, but I am willing to look into your concern. If I can be of any assistance, please send a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership. I look forward to your reply!

Kristen A.
GM Customer Care

#8 ·
Ok need some help the cable broke on the driver side bat wing and I didn't realize it when putting down the top and it broke the plastic cover off the and the hing off the main rear deck lid. Can I have it reattached it looks like a screw pulled out or loose or do I need to buy that side hing I found one for $129 on ebay don't believe it has a cable with it so I would need it where can I get that? I had you can still order it. Also is there a schematic of this I can download and print out, I have a body shop willing to try and fix it for me. The local Chevy Buick dealer who welded a trunk hing for me last year would not do this even with me buying the part. I don't have the time and not sure I have the skill to do it myself I am desperate but don't know where to turn to, I live in Owensboro, KY and the care only has 52,000 miles on it i bought it from the original owner with only 15,000 and it was taken well care of and kept in a garage, and looks new still. Thanks for any help anyone can give me on the parts and what is needed to fix it so I can pass it along to the shop that is going to try and fix it, unless someone knows of another place close to me that knows how to fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.