Rattles - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Rattles

I have the 07 converable G6, the rattles coming from the trunk is getting VERY loud, it is turning into a rattletrap! I tookit to the dealer and they said there was nothing I could do except when I am not going to put the top down I could shove a blanket or something around the convertable mechinism to muffle the noise!!! I am almost ready to find something else as a new car should NOT have these issues!
Am I the only one with this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nann3 View Post
I have the 07 converable G6, the rattles coming from the trunk is getting VERY loud, it is turning into a rattletrap! I tookit to the dealer and they said there was nothing I could do except when I am not going to put the top down I could shove a blanket or something around the convertable mechinism to muffle the noise!!! I am almost ready to find something else as a new car should NOT have these issues!
Am I the only one with this problem?
Service bulletin "Rattle/Creak Noise Retractable Hard Top (Convertible) (Adjust Roof) #06-08-59-003B - (07/30/2007). Models 2006-2007 Pontiac G6 Built Prior to June 1, 2007. The conditions identified in the document were
Rattle/ticking type noises over bumps in colder weather from mid-roof area; Rattle/ticking type noise over bumps from the front top of the windshield header area;
Creak/pop type noise over bumps from rear quarter panel area;
Seal itch type noise;
Snap/ticking type noise over bumps from rear quarter glass area;
Snap/knocking type noise over bumps from rear shelf/tonneau panel/flipper door area;
Creak/pop/thump type noise over bumps in rear wheel well area;
Creak/pop/thump type noises over bumps in rear trunk area.

I would print this off and bring it with you to the dealership - this is also found on another post - you should use the search function - I would just have given you the link to the other area but I don't know how to do that so this is the best I could do for you

2007 White Convertible G6 GT 3.9L V6 VVT engine
Painted red Calipers, chromed grills, Magnaflow 4" Round-Angle Cut - Double Wall T-304 Stainless Steel Exhaust Tips, Redline Tunning quicklift system (hydraulic engine hood lifts), Debadged side & rear except for Dart

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...70-1-1-2-1.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in