05 G6GT - check engine light - flashes then solid... - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

05 G6GT - check engine light - flashes then solid...

hey all

just bought a 05 G6GT 4 door for the wife..

did a 10 mile test drive and everything's good...

get 80 miles towards home and the check engine light starts flashing, then solid, then flashing.. seems when i turn it goes to flashing.. go figure..

(pull out the manual and it says its an emmisions thing and possible gas cap - THIS HAPPENED AFTER WE GOT FUEL) i tightened the cap and keep driving, it comes on again, so i am thinking i got some bad fuel or something... or maybe filled it up too much??

after reading a few of the posts on here sounds like it might be more than that...

any ideas??? just got it home... has 66,000kms on it...

thanks for any help

Last edited by mr_heritage; 01-20-2008 at 06:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 07:26 PM

I'm having similar issue just bought a 2006 GT with 16,000 miles and the light came on codes syas its cylinder 6 misfire mechanic cleaned the plug reaffixed the wire btu the light came back on after a few minutes driving and hitting the gas. any help would be great
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

well had ours run on the computer and its coming up a P0300 error..

cylinder misfire...

on the way to get it checked the light actually went out.. go figure!

they cleared the code yesturday and put on 20 miles since and all is good...

did some hard accelerations and just cruising and all seems normal "no flashing lights"..

anyone else experience this? could it be bad gas??? this all happened after filling up in a hick town (which likely had older gas)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 08:00 AM

Be careful, some mom and pop stores have some water in them or jsut old bad gas (how do I know, I used to live in a town that had more mom and pop stores than anything else lol) and I went for a visit and filled up and had problems....just added some fuel cleaner and octane booster and it helped until I ran out of gas so I just went to my local BP and filled her up and no problems since...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotG6GTP View Post
Be careful, some mom and pop stores have some water in them or jsut old bad gas (how do I know, I used to live in a town that had more mom and pop stores than anything else lol) and I went for a visit and filled up and had problems....just added some fuel cleaner and octane booster and it helped until I ran out of gas so I just went to my local BP and filled her up and no problems since...

thanks for setting my mind at peace... thats exactly what i thought...

when we did get home tank was about 3/4 so i put in some premium and iso - just in case there was water in the gas cause its been -30 and lower out ...

now just leaving the car running hoping to get the fuel down to 1/8 then fill'r up with premium

since the code was deleted or removed the light hasnt shown up again.. so feeling better already... (will the light show up again if the code was erased?)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 03:35 AM

only if the problem proceeds to show itself repeatedly actually. just because a code is erased, doesnt mean it will stay erased
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in