need to add factory remote start - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Smile need to add factory remote start

anyone know what the specs are on upgrading my 06 g6 with the factory remote start. Dealership said it was not an option on my car ( over the phone) but i dont believe them. any advice would really help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 06:06 AM

You cannot install the factory remote start unless you car already came with all the necessary wiring pre-installed and the module pre-programmed to make it remote start ready.

You can contact GM to see if your car is remote start ready. Some are and some aren't. Installing the factory remote start is basically programming the new remotes so that they can be recognized and activating the remote start function on the car's computer.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhying View Post
anyone know what the specs are on upgrading my 06 g6 with the factory remote start. Dealership said it was not an option on my car ( over the phone) but i dont believe them. any advice would really help!
did they ask you for the VIN number? if they did then they're not lying ...

what i can say is that the remote start isn't a hard thing to install ... a factory one can be a bigger pain in the ass ... cuz you'll have to know where the module goes and if it's not prewired then it's nearly imposible ... i'd have to change the whole wire setup and i don't think you wanna do that ... you can get a aftermarket one ... of course they're not as cool ... plus you should know that a dealership charger $97 for a remote with a starter on it and 35 to program it ... so ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in