My speakers are blown HELP! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Red face My speakers are blown HELP!

I just got a 2005 G6 GT.
I am not very good with cars and I noticed one of my speakers was blown after I got home. I bought new speakers and want to install them in the front. I can't figure out how to get the cover off of the door speakers in the front. I am completely retarded when it comes to cars...I am a 20 year old female...be nice... I need good instructions! I don't know what a "clip" is or whatever to take the door panel off. Someone who is nice and patient please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 03:43 PM

you will probably need to take the whole door panel off, disconnect the windows and locks and disengage the door handle rod inside the door. there are probably at least a couple of screws one behind the doorhandle on the inside. and there will be plastic plug looking things that you will need to pry out on the bottom of the door to get the door panel off. be carefull you might break the plugs. use a putty knife or a flathead screwdriver to assest with getting the first couple of plugs out. once the door panel is off there will be a couple of bolts and a couple of wires on the speaker, take those out and swap in the new speaker and reverse everything above to put the door back together! have fun!!! you may need help from someone who has done this b4? as it can be very tricky!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in