Can't play burnt CD''s - Page 2 - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 04:38 PM

Lets hope your new deck last longer than mine did. glad to hear its working though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 06:33 PM

I had problems with the cheap discs at first but all of my newly burned discs are on memorex black cd's and they all play perfectly.
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 08:20 PM

All six discs in my player are burned by me and all work prefectly. Make sure you are finalizing the discs other otherwise it will not be able to read them, just wanted to make sure you are.

Last edited by White Wolf; 12-19-2005 at 08:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 07:37 PM

I have found out on my Ford and Pontiac, and also my older home CD players, you have to record yuor discs below the bit rate that the player will handle, I haven't had any trouble with 128kpbs.
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 07:57 AM

The only problems that i have had, is using cheap cd's, use the more expensive ones that are made for music, and it should work. also, i never had a problem with the bitrate, it should not make a difference, because that is the just the quality of sound, not how the cd is read.
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 09:48 AM

I've had a very similar problem.. and i can relate a little to each of your stories- However my cd player only brings up the changer error when it is extremely hot or extremely cold- lots of times after my car has been running for awhile it will start working- it will just pop it over to the radio and i'll change the source every now and then to check to see if it's ready to work. I did take it in to the dealer the first time it happened and they also acted like it had never happened to anyone before and acted like i was making it up- they said i would have to pay if i wanted the radio replaced.. it's just something i can learn to deal with but since everyone else is having the problem... maybe it's some kinda of defect- i dunno. I do know that i've never had a problem playing any cd burnt or not.
post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 08:00 PM

I burnt a cd the other day and it was in the MP3 format it worked just fine in my cd player. I havent had any problems yet.. (cross my fingers)
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:21 PM
GTP 06

Send a message via MSN to maykevin5
I have the monsoon 6 disk in dash. It won't play some burnt cd's but will the others. Don't know why. I'm going to see if it has to do with the brand of cd.
post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 03:38 PM

i probably own more burnt cd's than regular and i have yet to have a problem...don't expect to...i noticed that the player recognizes certain skips that my saturn did not...there are actually some songs that it just doesn't play at all...these same songs would come through in the saturn...don't know...it's a decent stereo but could use more watts
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 05:24 AM

Burnt Cd's are all I play in my G6, never with any problems :-)
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 03:36 PM

I had the same problem but i found a cure!! I use Itunes to burn a CD though because of my ipod touch but after i get all my songs i hit the burn cd button and a thing pops up that has checks next to "audio check" and "cd text" and i unclick them and change the pause inbetween songs to 1 second instead of 2 and now all the burned cds work in my car!!!
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 06:50 PM

I have a 2007 G6, I use .mp3 files on a burned CD with Verbatim CDs. Just keep popping in the CD till it works. Sometimes it will work the first try, sometimes it will take over 6 attempts.
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 10:08 AM

mp3

I have a 6 CD player in my 09 G6, nothing in the owners manual about playing mp3 CD's. You guys are saying it will play them?
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 11:29 AM
WHITE G6 GT (:

I don't think they are programmed to play MP3 CD's. GM was to lazy to put a damn AUX for iPod's in which is just straight RETARDED! But anyways, I'm sure they can play MP3 files but it won't work everytime? Also, don't buy the cheap CD's. Spend a few more dollars and get a good brand. Lastly, when burning to be safe just do it on the slowest burn. You'll have a better chance at quality and it working. Another reason it may not work is because your computer.

Dillon
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Professional geek

The stock stereos will not play .mp3 files burned to a CD. They will play .mp3 files that have been converted to standard audio CD format (for example if you use iTunes to burn the CD).

It's not a matter of eject/insert for .mp3 files on a CD. The CD player has to have a specific hardware and software feature on it that none of our stock stereos (including Monsoon) have. If you are having problems with burned CDs not playing, the next time you burn one, if the program you are using allows you to select the "write speed" or "burn speed" for the CD, instead of using maximum speed, try something more towards the middle. The CD will take longer to burn, but it will be easier for more players to read.

~ MattInSoCal
Professional Geek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in