Anyone with an 05 have Side Curtain Air Bags? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Anyone with an 05 have Side Curtain Air Bags?

I bought a Certified Used 2005 G6 Sedan early last year. It was advertised online and on the window sticker to have Side Curtain air bags. I took it home and when I looked around, I could find nothing inside the car indicating "Air Bag" or "SRS", as OEM's normally do where air bags deploy from.

I contacted GM online with my VIN and they looked it up and said "Yes, you have side curtain air bags according to our system.". I left it at that, until I got into an 07 or 08 G6 on Wednesday (rental car) that was the same as mine, except that it had air bag sewn into the top of the car on both sides right at the pillar. It also had a slightly different seat, with more plastic up the outer sides and that plastic also said "Air Bag".

Could anyone with an 05, or knowledge of this, please let me know if this labeling and such was just left off of the 05? I will be really upset if I bought this car without the air bags that were promised.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 11:27 PM

I have a 2005 Pontiac G6 GT sedan and I do indeed have Side Curtain Airbags, where are they you ask? Sit in your driver seat like your about to drive the car and look to the Left and Right A-Pillars (Where The Windshield Ends) and under those plastic covers are the Side Curtain Airbags. If you even run your finger from the bottom of the A-Pillar (where the dashboard is) to the top where it meets the headliner, at the top on the plastic cover it should say "SRS Side Curtain Airbag System" there they are. Now on 2007 or 2008 G6's I believe, they have additional ones built into the driver and passenger seats right beside your shoulder depending on where you're sitting. I know for a fact that ALL GXP's are equipped with them.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 05:56 PM

ok i have a 2005 G6 base sedan ... i don't have side curtain air bags ... i'm pretty sure they only come on GTs and stuff like that ...

if you were missing an airbag then there would be an airbag light on the dashboard and the display woud say "SERVICE AIR BAG" every time you turn on your car ... so ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 12:57 PM

Nope their would be no "light" cause what you say is true the Base model does not come with Side Curtain Airbags so GM did not install the airbag sensors for the Side Curtain Airbags instead you only have the Driver and Passenger front Airbags.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

I am nearly 100% positive that I have NO markings at all at the top of any of my pillars, but I will check. Thank you for the information.

And no, as said, I would not get an SRS/Airbag light or SVS light, because if they did not put them in, the computer would not be looking for an ok status signal from them.

I really think I got screwed here - but want to know a way to prove it!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 09:54 PM

i didn't mean to say that the light would be on if the air bags are not supposed to be there ... i meant to say that if you think you should have the side curtain air bags but don't ... then it would be on ... so ... if you have no markings then you don't have them ... therefore the light should not be on ... so ...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 12:15 PM

My 6 is an 05' and when i bought it, the side curtain airbags were considered optional equipment.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesrealm View Post

I really think I got screwed here - but want to know a way to prove it!
Well? anything yet?

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 08:18 AM

My "service air bag" light is on on my dash read out. What could be the problem here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in