Blower Motor Resistor - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
CP3

Blower Motor Resistor

Hello all. Figured this would be a good place to start. Forgive me if this has already been covered but I could not find it.

I believe the blower resistor is shot. Does anyone know the location? It would be nice to have a starting point...lol.

Thanx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 06:12 PM

the fastest way to find out is to call the dealer and have them send you a diagram ... i doubt that many people actually konw where it is so i'd start with the dealer
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP3 View Post
Hello all. Figured this would be a good place to start. Forgive me if this has already been covered but I could not find it.

I believe the blower resistor is shot. Does anyone know the location? It would be nice to have a starting point...lol.

Thanx!
It's under the glove compartment. Take off the panel under compartment and it is located on firewall straight ahead. The motor is mounted directly underneath. Mine went also...sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
CP3

Ya, I had already found it when I posted but I didn't think that was it. Looks nothing like the one in a Chevy Astro. The motor eventually give up too. If anyone is interested, you have to cut the blower motor out with a knife and buy a "Service Kit" from GM to reinstall. That ended up costing me as much as a bone yard motor and resistor! Not too hard though once you figure it all out.

CP3
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2290

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 04:23 PM

[QUOTE=CP3;24358]Ya, I had already found it when I posted but I didn't think that was it. Looks nothing like the one in a Chevy Astro. The motor eventually give up too. If anyone is interested, you have to cut the blower motor out with a knife and buy a "Service Kit" from GM to reinstall. That ended up costing me as much as a bone yard motor and resistor! Not too hard though once you figure it all out.

I think my blower went today...I just replaced the resistor yesterday and everything worked on every setting...today I started it and now it blows on no settings....is this the blower motor??? or is there something else that may be causing this problem? Anyone that could help please let me know. Its too damn cold outside to have no blower for my heat!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 05:21 PM

I bought a used Blower Motor and want to know if that will work since you have to cut out the old one and this one was cut out. Since it is cut out and used, will it work?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 10:00 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Replacement blower motors come with a necessary trim ring. So if you also got the trim ring you should be in business.

Last edited by greenman; 12-08-2011 at 10:59 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
CP3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennaleejitterbug View Post
I bought a used Blower Motor and want to know if that will work since you have to cut out the old one and this one was cut out. Since it is cut out and used, will it work?
It was a used motor I put in and it is still going today. I do have a new resistor that will be going in this weekend as that seems to be going again. You could buy just the ring, back then anyway.

CP
06 Pontiacs
G6 GT 3.5 V6(LX9)
G5 GT 2.4 EcoTec(LE5)
Petro-Canada Supreme Synthetic 0W30
K&N Oil Filters
Wix Air Filters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in