Steering wheel problems - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Steering wheel problems

what should I do...I have a 06 G6 with 21,000 miles...and the steering wheel makes a clunking sound, and seem to lock up when parked, esp. in tight spots or when parallel parked.....has anyone ever experienced this? what do I do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 11:52 AM

im not an expert. is it a loud cluck or kind of a click?

if i had to say the problem i would think it was the steering column. or possibly the drive shaft. if it is still under warranty i would send it in to a gm repair shop. usually the dealership you bought it at. have them look at it and fix the problem.

if the warranty is out on the car then i would still send it in. tell the dealership your problem and ask them too see if they can find anything wrong. tell them to also call you before they start working on the car to fix the problem. there might be a little service fee but its worth finding out what is wrong with the car.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 08:52 AM

I have read all the threads about steering lock up and cluncking. All of the problems have been on `05 & `06 models. My wifes car has the same symptoms but her car is an `07. I have it booked into the stealership to look at the problem but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue on an `07?
Cheers,
Lager
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lager&Ale View Post
I have read all the threads about steering lock up and cluncking. All of the problems have been on `05 & `06 models. My wifes car has the same symptoms but her car is an `07. I have it booked into the stealership to look at the problem but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue on an `07?
Cheers,
Lager
The steering lock up problem only applies to models with the Electric Power Steering system. There was an investigation and the case has been closed.
I don't know what is conclusion was.

The clunking problem applies to all G6s regardless of model year. GM does not have a permanent fix yet. I experienced it with my '07 also. The dealer fixed it according to the TSB. So far it worked for me. But some people had to bring it in mulitple times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in