Yeah...more problems. - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Yeah...more problems.

Ok, First off.. I still have a rattle deep in the dash that the dealer can't locate, so I guess im just living with it.

Now I have a squealing noise anytime the car is over 4,000 rpm that last until it shifts. I am not sure what this is yet but it could be the belt?? Its damn annoying...

Finally the transmission is starting to shift really hard (almost slams) into gear when shifting from park. This is getting really old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 07:02 PM

I feel your pain. Hopefully the dealer can get to the bottom of the problems. Be sure to file a complaint with GM's customer Satisfaction line, and try another dealer if needed.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip.. I will hopefully contact the dealer this next week and see what they can figure out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 11:21 PM

mine has that squeeling too.. also i have squeeky brakes.. and a panoramic roof that doesn't like to shut when i tell it to.. i position the knob to zero and it will shut one panel then spring back open... the dealer said that they can't repeat the problem.. sooo.. i guess i have to deal
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

I have the squeaky brakes issue too.. I also noticed one of the rotors was wearng differently from the other in the front. I have a list of stuff to bring to the dealer.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 02:17 PM

My rotors squeak too, but it is becuse my car sits outside all the time and rust builds up on them. Had the same issue on my Grand Am and Acura. Not really a problem, just gently apply the breaks to wear off the thin rust film and it goes away.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 06:57 PM

The dealer gets 3 chances to fix the problems. Then your car is declared a lemon, just give the dealer a little reminder of that, im sure theyll fix the problems. and if not, youll have a brand new G6
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05G6GTstanger
The dealer gets 3 chances to fix the problems. Then your car is declared a lemon, just give the dealer a little reminder of that, im sure theyll fix the problems. and if not, youll have a brand new G6
Lemon laws vary from state to state and are often not as simple to go through as one would wish. Canada does not have lemon laws, but instead has the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Act. If they rule in your favor you get your money back on a pro-rated basis.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05G6GTstanger
That wouldn't help me out much... I don't want another one
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbengt67
My rotors squeak too, but it is becuse my car sits outside all the time and rust builds up on them. Had the same issue on my Grand Am and Acura. Not really a problem, just gently apply the breaks to wear off the thin rust film and it goes away.
Not a valid explanation...

1) the brakes don't make noise immediately when the car has sat for 2 days straight (every weekend)

2) The brakes make noise after the first few moments of driving, and last the entire time im driving, which varies from 5 mins to over 2 hours at a time.

3) any noise coming from the brakes in not 'normal' and should not be accepted.

I hope you don't ignore minor noises your car makes or write them off as nothing major. The last time I have a 'minor' noise the A/C Condesor locked up, shredded the belt and snapped a tensioner pulley in half.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 07:18 AM

Not competley true. The dealerships find ways to get out of the lemon laws all the time. Before I got my G6, I had previously owned at 99 Grand Am. I had it in the shop a few days a month for idling problems, and the break pads and rotors had to be chnaged every 3 months. They never did over a solution as to why my brnad new car was doing these things.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8ER99
Ok, First off.. I still have a rattle deep in the dash that the dealer can't locate, so I guess im just living with it.

Now I have a squealing noise anytime the car is over 4,000 rpm that last until it shifts. I am not sure what this is yet but it could be the belt?? Its damn annoying...

Finally the transmission is starting to shift really hard (almost slams) into gear when shifting from park. This is getting really old.
Have the same rattle-deep in dash--i can't find it--going to dealer tomorrow--will let you know--document everything - keep receipts etc--if dealer can't fix it--you have proof--then go to gm --keep me informed-i will do same
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook2233
Have the same rattle-deep in dash--i can't find it--going to dealer tomorrow--will let you know--document everything - keep receipts etc--if dealer can't fix it--you have proof--then go to gm --keep me informed-i will do same

Please let me know what your dealer says about the rattle in your dash. I have probably the same rattle and I went to the dealership yesterday and they couldn't seem to hear what I was hearing. One person finally did and just shruged his shoulders. I've called them again this morning and still know nothing. They told me that I needed to leave it with them one day so they could see if they could hear the rattle, but told me to just call back about when.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 05:15 PM

i will keep you informed-everyone that has this problem must put it up on this chat and document dealer visit--i also wrote to gm -through there site --asking if there was a problem ! might be too early to tell-on the g6--
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn P
Please let me know what your dealer says about the rattle in your dash. I have probably the same rattle and I went to the dealership yesterday and they couldn't seem to hear what I was hearing. One person finally did and just shruged his shoulders. I've called them again this morning and still know nothing. They told me that I needed to leave it with them one day so they could see if they could hear the rattle, but told me to just call back about when.
i will let you know--i also e-mailed gm on this-stating the forum has a few problems with rattles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in