06 g6 4 cyl. big problems - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down 06 g6 4 cyl. big problems

ok obd2 code is p0300 which is something like random/multiple cyl misfire, at first it was not noticable just mild power loss which has turned into stuttering and loss of rpms at about 5000rpms reducing to about 4 and just stuttering today i cant get the car above 20 miles per hour it just complains all the at about 2000rpms even killed it once or twice, but it idles like a freakin champ. cant afford a diagnostic at dealership and just outta warranty

by the way thought i should mention, unplugging the sensor by the air filter and (mainly>)taking off the intake helps is run a lil better.
iv read on this site of alot of ppl losing mpg in these and for awhile i noticed this but just figured the wife drove it hard. b4 the car reallly started pissing out fuel milage was down to 18 mpg.
right now im just really hoping for a parts recall

what a piece. last test i couldnt get it above 2000 rpms and now have 4.1 miles per gallon

Last edited by wake2wake21; 08-23-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

so noone with a any ideas? i think the only ppl here are neck tie ppl, u know?, dont know what a wrench is? think cold air intake is a performance mod worth bragging about lol. it is bad i had to post on my 280 zx forums for anyone to even give ideas, im glad its not my car, but then if u drive an older car chances are u fix it yourself. enough bashing tho

(keywords)
so to anyone with a 2006 g6 2.4 liter 4 cylinder with a: loss of power, loss of mpg mild stuttering. stutters above 4000 rpms or severe stuttering, undrivable, yet idles great like nothing is wrong, then u might need to replace the catalytic converter. my cat was not clogged just malfunctioning thus the o2 sensor reading info and making wrong adjustment to the computer

i had no warranty left on the car of any kind yet this replacement by the dealer was totally free with a complimentary oil change, they simply said we will replace ur cat for free but if that doesnt fix it then starting the charges will be 88$ for diagnoising

Last edited by wake2wake21; 08-26-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in