2007 G6 SE problem.. HELP! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

2007 G6 SE problem.. HELP!

Hey.. well I have no idea what is wrong with my G6. I still have warranty and have extended warranty as well.. I've been the my local pontiac dealer about 4 times now.

THE PROBLEM

Whenever I brake at either a stop sign or traffic light, I can hear vibration from the front end (I do not feel the brakes shaking). The noise is a scraping type, but isn't constant. Like basically pulsating, and you can only hear it, not feel it when driving.

What the DEALER did

First time they refinished the rotors.

Second time they greased cotter pins.

Third time they changed the link or bushing at the front stabilizier shaft at control arm.

Fourth time they changed the rotors

Any Solution?

I dont know if anyone knows the solution to this problem. Do you guyz think it is a vehicle defect? or what can it possibly be? the caliper needs changing? If anyone knows the problem. Let me know. Anything is appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by vikz99; 08-26-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 08:23 PM

Could be a bad hub bearing.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

a hub bearing would make a constant noise even when not braking. my problem only occurs when braking.

Last edited by vikz99; 08-26-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikz99 View Post
a hub bearing would make a constant noise even when not braking. my problem only occurs when braking.
When they changed the rotors did they change the brake pads? If not they should have. Pad will conform to the rotors over time, and if your old rotors were warped, the pads took on that warped shape of the rotors, and will have that shape when coupled with new rotors.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooshnoo View Post
When they changed the rotors did they change the brake pads? If not they should have. Pad will conform to the rotors over time, and if your old rotors were warped, the pads took on that warped shape of the rotors, and will have that shape when coupled with new rotors.
doubt it, it will wear differently and pads do conform to there rotors but not in a warped fashion a pad is not going to look like this~ continueing a warped rotor feeling

check abs, may not be malfuncioning enough to throw warning yet, can u turn off abs? worth an easy try
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikz99 View Post
Whenever I brake at either a stop sign or traffic light, I can hear vibration from the front end (I do not feel the brakes shaking). The noise is a scraping type, but isn't constant. Like basically pulsating, and you can only hear it, not feel it when driving.
Can you look under the wheel well to see if is a physical piece of metal is dragging? It could be something hitting the tire/rim when the car dips down when slowing. Do you hear the noise when you stop really fast and/or can you hear it when stopping at a slow pace?

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

hey well no they didn't change the pads (that pissed me off as well), only the rotors!

The car only makes noises when i stop at a traffic light or stop sign.. if i stop at a fast pace it doesn't make noise.. atleast i dont hear a noise.

about the ABS, theres a way you can turn off the ABS?? if so, then please let me know and ill try..

could it be the calipers?? meaning when the caliper piston pushes outwards on the pads it pulsates?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in