07 G6 CD Player Problems - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

07 G6 CD Player Problems

Hey everyone-

My girlfriend's CD player will not eject any CD's, and it will not move past #2.

The radio will play fine after the car sits over night, but once you press a CD button, it will not move forward or back from the number 2 slot, and keeps trying to play the CD. She and I think there must have been something sticky on the CD, but don't know for sure...

Where do I go from here? is this something I'll be able to crack myself or does it need to be replaced or what? All information is appreciated! Thanks

Donivan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear2722 View Post
Hey everyone-

My girlfriend's CD player will not eject any CD's, and it will not move past #2.

The radio will play fine after the car sits over night, but once you press a CD button, it will not move forward or back from the number 2 slot, and keeps trying to play the CD. She and I think there must have been something sticky on the CD, but don't know for sure...

Where do I go from here? is this something I'll be able to crack myself or does it need to be replaced or what? All information is appreciated! Thanks

Donivan
We have a 05 with the same problem. Dealer replaced the whole unit and 15 months later, it happened again and they will not warranty the radio. The dealer said it was the CDs. NOT true. Infact the dealer only removes the unit and then ships it out, so how can they tell me what is wrong with it? Our CDs had no lables even though the dealer said that was probably the problem. I've taken this to a higher level with NO HELP!! We will not spend good money on a bad product. We plan on replacing the radio with an aftermarket radio. One that will last a whole lot longer than 15 months. Hope you have better luck......
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 04:52 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

WHen you get your radio replaced under warranty the replacement part only has a 1 yr warranty on it NO MATTER HOW MUCH TIME IS LEFT ON YOUR ORIGINAL WARRANTY!

Im not saying I agree with it but they were right.

I recommend you buy an 08 or 09 radio without a cd changer. Its the changer mechanism that craps out. Then you get the aux and can just use your ipod.
That way you can keep your DIC.

A new stocker will require a tech2 from the dealership to program
but you can buy it yourself and install yourself to save a load of $$....

Lots of threads on this felllas.....please at least try to search.

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in