cyl #1 misfire - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

cyl #1 misfire

Ive got a 2006 4 banger 56k miles, it keeps throwing a cylinder #1 misfire code. Clear it and it comes right back. I saw there is a TSB aboot flushing the fuel system. Think that will fix it? Should I maybe run some lucas through the tank instead of taking it to the dealer? Any help would be much appreciated.
btw, I tried searching but it kept giving me a database error.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 09:09 PM

hmm, I would look at the fuel injector for piston #1 also, check what the fuel pressure is at, make sure the fuel pump is not starting to die on it. Also look at the spark plug for piston #1, see what it looks like and let us know, check the spark plug first, then let us know how it looks, then you can decide what to do next.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 07:46 PM
RPW

I would check the plug before you do anything. It could be the coil, there's a way to test with an ohm meter I believe. I wouldn't suspect the fuel pump because if that fails you'll get more than a misfire in cylinder 1.

You can test your injectors, if some chevron techron fuel system. Cleaner doesn't help. This is what is recommended by gm. You can get it at like any auto store. 1oz to 1 gal of fuel I believe.

Run that through after you check the plug. If not fixed I'd test injector.

Last edited by RPW; 01-28-2014 at 07:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 07:55 AM

iirc.. the only knock sensor in the whole motor is in cyl #1. (it may not be a knock sensor) but i seem to recall cyl #1 is special to the motor. It may simply be a sensor malfunctioning.

furthermore, you should be able to hear it miss if it really is.. your ear should tell you that story, it would also be somewhat more difficult to start as well if it was consistent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in