Rear Wheel Alignment Specs - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Rear Wheel Alignment Specs

My wife has an 05 GT and I noticed the tires wearing on the inside so I took it for an alignment at my favorite shop...(not a pontiac dealer). While doing the alignment, the tech called me in and showed me that he could not get the rear end into spec. He showed me that he was at the end of the adjustment available and he was still out (specs are -1.3 and her car is at -1.6 left and -1.7 right). Then he said watch this...and he lifter on the rear of the car slightly...car came inot specs on the computer screen. It's as if the rear springs are too soft.

Has anyone else run into this? Are there any after market springs that are stiffer? Is there a Rear Camber kit (I know there's one for the front)?

I also noticed on a SAAB 93 that the rear wheels have a lot of camber to them...maybe it has been a design problem from day one.

I'm on my second set of tires at 63,000 miles! I'm getting tired of replacing them (pardon the pun).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 07:44 PM

it always happens when you lift the car up ... i'd try a different shop
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

I realize the camber will change when you lift the car! That's what I am saying...it won't go INTO specs WITHOUT lifting it!

Last edited by Cobra1365; 10-13-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 03:10 PM

I also had the eibach springs installed n the shop also said they couldn't get it all in spec it was the rear left tire that they had an issue with...it looks pretty slanted and on my second set of tires now... they def need to make a camber kit for the rear assuming that they no way to fix this other then going back to the factory springs... i even installed KYB struts and shocks n it didn't effect the camber at all...

{07 Pontiac G6 V6}..All around window 5% tint plus windshield strip, Tinted taillights/ cut out reverse light, debadged replaced with GV6, custom Tinted 3rd brake light which says (DIS RICAN), STB, Eibach lowering springs, KYB struts and shocks, painted brake calipers which say (PONTIAC)..2 B continued...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra1365 View Post
My wife has an 05 GT and I noticed the tires wearing on the inside so I took it for an alignment at my favorite shop...(not a pontiac dealer). While doing the alignment, the tech called me in and showed me that he could not get the rear end into spec. He showed me that he was at the end of the adjustment available and he was still out (specs are -1.3 and her car is at -1.6 left and -1.7 right). Then he said watch this...and he lifter on the rear of the car slightly...car came inot specs on the computer screen. It's as if the rear springs are too soft.

Has anyone else run into this? Are there any after market springs that are stiffer? Is there a Rear Camber kit (I know there's one for the front)?

I also noticed on a SAAB 93 that the rear wheels have a lot of camber to them...maybe it has been a design problem from day one.

I'm on my second set of tires at 63,000 miles! I'm getting tired of replacing them (pardon the pun).
How often do you rotate tires ?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 07:04 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

With lowering springs the rear wheels will be about .5 - 1 degree out of alignment.
On stock springs you should be within specs. Check with a dealer or another shop. There are a lot of different kinds of alignment racks and a lot of mechanics have different ways of doing it.

I know they sell spacer plates for the rear hubs for the saab to purposely make the camber more negative, But if you put the spacer on differently it'll make you go more positive. But I personally don't trust putting spacers on the hubs.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 01:20 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to slim7777
I'm having the same problem. I'd ran in the ditch and hit a deer, and I thought that may have moved it somehow. I went to where I bought the tires, and same thing, you could see it leaning in on the top, and the inside edge of the tire was worn to the cords. Alignment tech. said he couldn't correct that with shims, etc. and said I should check with a body shop. Now I don't have the money for the tires(now not covered my mileage warranty) or the alignemnt, and my brother(so nice) is letting me use his car. I hope to find an easier/inexpensive fix. Thanks.. Pat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in