a little help with installing new bumper?? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

a little help with installing new bumper??

hi im new here (litterally) and have a quick question....... i got hit in my g6 a few days ago and the other guy's insurance people are being bas***** about it so im looking to take their sorry offer and make em eat it by doing it all myself....... now im gonna need a whole new bumper but i found this place on ebay that sells em for around 350 painted and shipped, is that about right? secondly is it hard to get the old one off? and lastly how hard would it be switching the upper honeycomb vents and lower duct vents?

thank a ton for any info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 04:56 PM

Don't give in... if the police report indicates it was the other guy's fault, then their insurance has no choice.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 07:51 PM

if you've never worked on a car before i'd recomend not doing it yourself because you'll scratch it and stuff ... but if you really want to you could ... it's not that hard ... there's clips and 7mm screws all over the place and the most beautiful part is that you don't have to take the headlights off or anything ... just take it off and put the new one on ...

i work at a body shop and worked on my own G6 a million times ... you're gonna need 7mm ranch, 10mm ranch and a clip remover ... i think that's all you need ... and of course the patience to work on it ...

another thing you might run into is that when you get a new bumper you're gonna need to take all the grills and plastics off safely off the original bumper and put them on a new bumper ... that's another reason why i'd recommend taking it somewhere ...

sorry i didn't quite get what you meant by honeycomp vent and all that ...

good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in