Help me please? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Help me please?

Hey guys im new to this forum. My name is scott from OH. I registered on this forum because you guys will have more knowledge on these cars. I have a brand new 08 G6 sedan. Well me and my buddy ghetto rigged a system just so i can see wut it sounds like. Well I really don't know how to hook up one up so he basically did all of it. It worked but the amp won't shutoff when the radio did (he plugged a wire to the radio fuse on the passenger side of the car). Well I guess he cut the wire that was connected to the radio fuse so all I had to do to turn the amp off was untwist it lol. Well I kinda pulled hard on it and heard some sparks. Now the car won't start. It won't even crank. No power whatsoever in the car. I checked the fuses and they seem good. I can't figure out what other problems there are?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Holy crap......
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

If anybody would like to help me out I appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 08:58 AM
Storm Trooper

um... when a problem is electrical it could be anything. can you take some pictures and show us how the amp is tied in??

also can you be real specific on how the amp is wired...

also for the future... if you dont know what you are doing, or you think that it is not going to be done right dont do it...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 08:55 PM

have you checked all 3 fuse boxes?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 07:42 AM
^I R CUSTOM^

At the worst, you fried your PCM (computer). At the best, you fried a fuse in one of the three fuse boxes - there is also a good possibility that you completely discharged your battery with that escapade and you may just need a new battery.

Step 1: Take a volt meter to your battery if you have less than 10 volts, its not enough to energize the computer and system.

Step 2: If you DO have proper voltage, check all 3 fuse boxes for blown fuses and relays (relays can be tested using a multi-meter and diode test - find a relay test how-to)

Step 3: If your fuses and relays are good....it's time to take it to a mechanic because the troubleshooting after this is more than a lot of people can handle.

Good luck!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the help. nothing in the car worked besides the ciggarette lighter that is still charging my gps. i checked all 3 fuse boxes but i havent checked the relays because i didn't have a tester. i have taken it to my local dealership which is hopefully not a big problem just a blown relay.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

dealership called me. a 30amp fuse got blown. thanks all for trying to help i appreciate it.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 07:55 AM
^I R CUSTOM^

whew...that's good news.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in