Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Alarm problems! HELP!

31K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  madkatt 
#1 ·
My remote for the car is currently broken, and replacing the batteries didn't work, but I can't really afford to get another one right now...
SO,
I have to manually lock the car with the key, or lock on the inside...
Everytime I unlock the door and open it, the alarm goes off until I turn the car on.
EVERY time.
I've been keeping my car unlocked, which is not a good idea where I live, but I can't have my alarm go off everytime I get in the car, my neighbors are annoyed.

Can anyone tell me how to disable the alarm?!!

#2 ·
You have to manually lock all your doors, do not use the lock button on the driver door that will enable the alarm. Set your computer to unlock driver door only when you put the car in park. Once you do that you should be able to key the driver door open with out the alarm going off.. but if you ever use the door lock button to lock the door you will arm the alarm again. I'd say your remote needs to be reprogrammed, When the battery dies it loses programming sometimes. That means a trip to the dealer to get it reprogrammed which will cost $30.00 to $50.00 call around.

#5 ·
If you scroll through the menu options there there should be an alarm one. You should change it from RKE (Remote Keyless Entry) to Passive (which the security light blinks like its on, but it's not). Hopefully this will stop it from activating when you use your key.

#9 ·
The remote for my car was broken as well, Took it apart and found it just need 3 spots of solder to re-solder the battery holder to the board. I took mine to an electronics repair shop, % minutes later and presto all better, my guy was even nice enough not to charge me as it was only a 5 minute job. Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.