Car moves front and back at braking. - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Car moves front and back at braking.

I noticed from the very first day that after I stop my G6 it lurches forward a bit and then back. I still had my old car which was an Olds Alero, and when I put on the brakes it didn't react that way. Someone suggested to me that it might be a warped rotor. Any ideas on this before I take it back to the dealer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-06-2005, 05:48 AM

Can you feel it in the pedal? If so I would say a definate rotor problem.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-06-2005, 07:35 AM

when i'm sitting with my foot litely on the brake, lite enough the car is still drifting.. it feels like my car is pulsating.. it's really weird.. is that what you're talking about? also my brakes squeek really bad..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-06-2005, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunkele
when i'm sitting with my foot litely on the brake, lite enough the car is still drifting.. it feels like my car is pulsating.. it's really weird.. is that what you're talking about? also my brakes squeek really bad..
I know the exact feeling you are talking about. Havent experienced it in the G6 but I have in my former 02 Grand Am. Thats a sign of warped rotors.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-06-2005, 02:36 PM

is that covered by the warranty? and also.. what causes that?
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 11:48 AM

Warped rotors is covered ususally. It can be caused by lots of things. GM vehicles are more likely to develop rotor problems vs the majority because they are usually smaller than they should be, and usually made cheaper than aftermarket. It can also be caused by excessive brake, riding the brake, brake overheating, and hard braking. Usually if you get a decent set of aftermarket rotors the problem is a lot less common.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 07:21 PM

My G6 does the same thing, move front and back when stopping. Is this somethin that alot of G6 owners are finding?
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for all of your responses. You are all describing what I am experiencing. I took my car to the dealer's service department and he said there was nothing wrong, but it was just the normal suspension. I don't believe it and I still think the rotor is warped. I am persistent and I will try again.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 11:18 PM

i went to the dealer with my problem.. and they scheduled me an appointment for next week.. i will tell you what happens.. but when i first took it.. the guy said.. "it sounds like you need some rotor work done".. also they're going to fix my drivers side seat.. it is super loose.. they ordered a whole bunch of parts for it.. on another note.. does anybody elses shocks sound weird when u hit bumps?.. like u can here the air coming out of the cylinders.. i dunno if that is normal or not.. thank you!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 04:55 PM

I have the same prob with my G6. It sounds like air comming out of the shocks or something. does anybody know if it is normal or is anybody have this prob. Its a prob that goes allong with the car moving back and forth when I stop. They are the only two things that I see rong with it.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 08:39 AM

Well, if it helps....I don't notice the lurch forward and back when stopping and I don't notice the noise like air coming out of my shocks when I hit bumps. Maybe they are related. I have around 5000 miles on my G6 base.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 09:50 PM

That should be covered easy
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 07:30 AM

I've got the suspension noise coming from the right front. Sounds like something is loose. Had the same problem with a '98 Malibu. Shouldn't be happening on a vehicle with only 2000 miles on it. I know I live in Michigan and our roads are bad, but....
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 11:01 PM

Ralphy is it a rattle noise? When I hit bumps I have something outside the car on the passenger side that makes a rattle noise. Drives me nuts.

My brakes do the same exact thing. Forget trying to brake at highway speeds. Rotors are definately screwed.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 10:00 AM

Hey rustyk49, did you get your problem fixed? Warranty?
How you Ralphy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in