4 days, 3 problems - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Young Punk

Question 4 days, 3 problems

Key Fob
Cd Player
Check Engine light.
Wow. I bought an 06 g6 gt on monday, drove it the full 600 kilometers home with no problem, drove it to and from work the last few days, ignoring the "low coolant" message. then I take my little off ramp onto the road home, in manual mode, shifting nice and easy, and BAM. Check Engine light.
There aren't many major issues that I've noticed, I mean, yes, I did a cold air intake, but I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. I'm looking into the idea that the OBD is just whining about the coolant level tonight, but either way, i'll have to visit the GM dealership to have them reset it, yes?
Next problem: Burning CDs. Not a major problem, but it's a bit of a pain to not be able to enjoy my own music on such a nice system (I've since figured out how to burn the cds to play, so this problem = resolved)
And finally the Key Fob.
Of all things that irritate the heck outta me, it's the fact that i have keyless entry, remote start, and a panic button on my fob.. and the only thing that works is the FREAKING PANIC BUTTON!
I live in Canada, and it's getting to be that kinda cold out in the mornings (Anyone who works oilfield in Alberta knows EXACLTY what I mean), so I'd kinda like it if I could perhaps press my remote start button and have my car warm itself up, yes?
That being said, I love my car. I love the sound she makes when i go foot-to-the-floor with the CAI. I love the sexy blackness. I love the fact that it's mine. I DON'T love the troubles I'm having, so any suggestions would be awesome =]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 10:05 PM

Well the remote start won't work with the check engine light on. And the ck engine light could be from the low coolant light and you already figured out your Cd issues so..... maybe it will take care of itself when you fill up your coolant except for your lock and unlock problem? I hated the fact that I couldn't play recorded cd's in my 05 GT but my 07 GT plays em with no problems. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Mark.

My driver 2007 G6 GT Sedan white with black leather, sunroof. Duel outlet exhaust.
Wife's driver 2015 Equinox 2LT AWD 3.6 V6
My toy 1984 camaro... to much to list.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 04:24 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever View Post
Well the remote start won't work with the check engine light on. And the ck engine light could be from the low coolant light and you already figured out your Cd issues so..... maybe it will take care of itself when you fill up your coolant except for your lock and unlock problem? I hated the fact that I couldn't play recorded cd's in my 05 GT but my 07 GT plays em with no problems. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Mark.

I never had the problem with not playing burned CDs in my '05 GT. I had the check disc a few times but they all eventually played. I had XM professionally installed in the car so I don't really have the need for the CDs anymore so I don't know if it still works.

Keith

2005 G6 GT

K&N drop-in filter, Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30, 50% tint all around, other than that completely stock

SOLD 11/20/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 07:44 AM

Opps sorry. My 05 wouldn't play em and my owners manual said it wouldn't play them either. So I took for granted that they were all like that.

Mark.

My driver 2007 G6 GT Sedan white with black leather, sunroof. Duel outlet exhaust.
Wife's driver 2015 Equinox 2LT AWD 3.6 V6
My toy 1984 camaro... to much to list.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Young Punk

Coolant's topped up, check engine light's gone, CDs play... still no lock/unlock/remote start. And there's a rather hellish wailing when I use the brakes. I guess that'll be the next thing on the list of things to check out. I almost wish I knew where to find the recievers for the fob, because i guess that that could be failing, which would eman it wouldn't really recieve signals from the remote properly.... I decided to tear out the stock airbox and put on a nice cone. not as sexy looking as the Injen intake, but I'll worry about that later xD
Has anyone else looked into the idea of turbo-ing the v6 for the 06 gt? because i know i could get a fairly decent turbo unti, and most of the piping would have to be custom (which I don't mind because I can get the material fairly cheap through my work, and we have customers that could do the mandrel bending for pretty cheap) but what about the more technical stuff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in