I'm F#@%ING PISSED! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Angry I'm F#@%ING PISSED!

UPDATE!!! November 20, 2008 Just got my car back from the dealer, what a difference!!! I feel like I have a new car, the steering issue was fixed they fixed my panels and aligned everything perfect and replaced some rubber molding, replaced many parts like steering pump and some other things, also they replaced my entire radio/cd changer because I told them the buttons were peeling. So far they really made my car up to PAR again, car still rides on the boaty side but the streering and plastic panels/rubber and vert top are back to normal! Thanks GM lol ( btw took 3 days)

Ok so here it goes, I need to vent a lil, my car is officially a POS (PieceOfShit) I have a 2007 GT Convertible fully loaded with 3.9l engine, I have 32,000 miles, ALL MILES ARE HIGHWAY MILES, CAR HAS BEEN BABIED SINCE IT LEFT THE LOT BRAND NEW, Oil changes and mantience has been performed with GM's specifics times and miles.

Oh btw I love my car but after these problems I just get really dissapointed, Im paying monthly for something that doesnt make me happy anymore!

Ok now since you know my car, get to know the issues,

#1- within 15,000 miles my entire exhaust system was shot! GM Had to replace it because of noises and when I accelerated from a dead stop it sounded like a tin can, kinda sounded like a 1994 civic with 200,000 miles.

#2- My dashboard and plastic panels that surround inside the car were loose and bent from the heat within the car, I live in JERSEY! Hottest day we had was probably high 90's. MY DASH BOARD LOOKED LIKE A WAVE, it was no longer straight in place, it was curved up and the rubber molding under the dash also came up and said hello! While driving it looked terrible and CHEAP.

#3- My rotors were warped and needed replacement at 16,000 miles, I replaced them and also replaced my brake pads, had to do everything over again at 23,000 miles, and again at 30,000 miles. 3 times I had to buy new rotors and brake pads, THIS CANT BE HAPPENING! Ive spent so much money just keeping this car on the road.

#4- JERSEY ROADS ARENT PERFECT, So whenever your driving in the city, suburbs your in a constant state of NOT BEING COMFORTABLE, on the highway I feel like I'm in a BOAT, sailing down the road. Car is not close to being a sports car but I was looking for atleast some type of handling characteristics. Dont get me wrong, the first 8,000 miles were HEAVEN! But over time the car looses everything. Going over bumpy, uneven, potholed roads feels like im riding on RIMS. The car throws me back forth left right and feels so UNSTABLE!!!!!! When I stop at the red light the car is still bumping back and forth from the stop.

#5- STEERING PROBLEM THAT SEEMS TO NEVER HAPPEN INFRONT OF DEALER MECHANICS.... I get popping, clunking, dead spots, YOU NAME IT, I felt it!

#6- My driver seat moves! Now this was a huge problem for me cause I felt unsafe, from stops to acceleration my seat would move, front to back bout half a inch, ITS LOOSE AND GM GAVE UP ON MY SEAT! They replaced the metal parts under the seat, they adjusted and tried everything! Still the same problem. The manager of the service department told me he couldnt do anything more. So till this day I drive with a loose seat. ( i have 1 power seat )

#7- TODAY IS THE DAY THAT POPPED MY BRAIN INTO BEING PISSED, Its a nice day, and I go and press that button thats OH SO HARD TO PRESS. And my trunk opens, getting ready to unlatch the vert top, and guess what! It doesnt open, it doesnt unlatch, my top doesnt work, I really give up on this car. Ive been to the dealership 20 times, thats another story, they FIX something and another things gets messed up cause they are sloppy and dont put things back together.

So since you read my complaints, I have to goto the dealership tomorrow and fix the top, but I cant believe how much a car can change from being new to now! I had a used car before this one and I honestly didnt have any problems, just do regular mantience!

ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I SHOULD DO? Car is a lease, I cant sell it, I cant use the lemon law, I cant do anything but suffer! From panels that fall when Im driving to steering wheel locking up on the highway.

Last edited by G6Vert2007; 11-20-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 09:50 PM

Wow. I'd be pissed too. Your best bet would be to talk to the GM of stealership you got it from and if that gets you nowhere, then call Pontiac themselves.

I'll give a few of your items a stab. Of course I can't guarantee I'll suggest things you haven't already tried.

1. Warranty repair obviously
2. Same...warranty repair
3. Bite the bullet and get some decent rotors, like the ones from R1 Concepts, and not the crap ones from the dealer or your local autoparts store. They'll last longer and save you money.
4. Try a warranty repair on the stabilizer end links and get the electronic steering box replaced. Fixing those caused the clunks in my front end to disappear.
5. Warranty replacement of the intermediate steering shaft. A common problem that's been covered many times here and on other G6 forums
6. The manager of the service dept. is full of shit. Complain to the GM of the dealer, or take it to another dealer.

Good luck...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 10:34 PM

Well I share some of your woes so you are not alone.

My rotor warped at every 10k miles. I am not surprised because it's a well known defect and I had the same problem with my Alero. These factory rotors are crap and I will replace them with aftermarket ones after the warranty expired.

Steering pops and clunks. Don't get me started on this one. This problem occurs every 3k miles. Both the steering rack and the i-shaft have been replaced 3 times. It will be getting replaced again next week. Luckily, so far the dealer have been cooperative.

Both my front seats wiggle. Not by much, maybe only 1/16 of an inch but enough to be felt and heard during acceleration and braking. Like you the dealer can't find any fault so it's another thing I had learned to live with. It's more of a nuisance to me now than a problem.

My solution is to just go after the dealer for warranty repairs and if that gets you nowhere you can compliant directly to GM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 02:50 PM

i just had my i-shaft assembly replaced under warranty...i'm about to hit the 30k mark and so far that's been the only issue...got my fingers crossed because i love driving this car
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 09:30 PM

dang ... just demand another car!!!!!!!! this one is obviously factory defected
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

OK UPDATE))))))))))))))))))) Car was dropped off at dealer on monday! I decided to goto a different dealer and see how they are, SO FAR I have a mechanic that understands my problems, he order a bunch of stuff, i'll get all the 411 once I get my car back, I have a chevy SUV as a rental for now, so far I'm crossing my fingers and hoping they take care of all of the problems. Thanks for all the responces, i'll keep you all updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6Vert2007 View Post
Ok so here it goes, I need to vent a lil, my car is officially a POS (PieceOfShit) I have a 2007 GT Convertible fully loaded with 3.9l engine, I have 32,000 miles, ALL MILES ARE HIGHWAY MILES, CAR HAS BEEN BABIED SINCE IT LEFT THE LOT BRAND NEW, Oil changes and mantience has been performed with GM's specifics times and miles.

Oh btw I love my car but after these problems I just get really dissapointed, Im paying monthly for something that doesnt make me happy anymore!

Ok now since you know my car, get to know the issues,

#1- within 15,000 miles my entire exhaust system was shot! GM Had to replace it because of noises and when I accelerated from a dead stop it sounded like a tin can, kinda sounded like a 1994 civic with 200,000 miles.

#2- My dashboard and plastic panels that surround inside the car were loose and bent from the heat within the car, I live in JERSEY! Hottest day we had was probably high 90's. MY DASH BOARD LOOKED LIKE A WAVE, it was no longer straight in place, it was curved up and the rubber molding under the dash also came up and said hello! While driving it looked terrible and CHEAP.

#3- My rotors were warped and needed replacement at 16,000 miles, I replaced them and also replaced my brake pads, had to do everything over again at 23,000 miles, and again at 30,000 miles. 3 times I had to buy new rotors and brake pads, THIS CANT BE HAPPENING! Ive spent so much money just keeping this car on the road.

#4- JERSEY ROADS ARENT PERFECT, So whenever your driving in the city, suburbs your in a constant state of NOT BEING COMFORTABLE, on the highway I feel like I'm in a BOAT, sailing down the road. Car is not close to being a sports car but I was looking for atleast some type of handling characteristics. Dont get me wrong, the first 8,000 miles were HEAVEN! But over time the car looses everything. Going over bumpy, uneven, potholed roads feels like im riding on RIMS. The car throws me back forth left right and feels so UNSTABLE!!!!!! When I stop at the red light the car is still bumping back and forth from the stop.

#5- STEERING PROBLEM THAT SEEMS TO NEVER HAPPEN INFRONT OF DEALER MECHANICS.... I get popping, clunking, dead spots, YOU NAME IT, I felt it!

#6- My driver seat moves! Now this was a huge problem for me cause I felt unsafe, from stops to acceleration my seat would move, front to back bout half a inch, ITS LOOSE AND GM GAVE UP ON MY SEAT! They replaced the metal parts under the seat, they adjusted and tried everything! Still the same problem. The manager of the service department told me he couldnt do anything more. So till this day I drive with a loose seat. ( i have 1 power seat )

#7- TODAY IS THE DAY THAT POPPED MY BRAIN INTO BEING PISSED, Its a nice day, and I go and press that button thats OH SO HARD TO PRESS. And my trunk opens, getting ready to unlatch the vert top, and guess what! It doesnt open, it doesnt unlatch, my top doesnt work, I really give up on this car. Ive been to the dealership 20 times, thats another story, they FIX something and another things gets messed up cause they are sloppy and dont put things back together.

So since you read my complaints, I have to goto the dealership tomorrow and fix the top, but I cant believe how much a car can change from being new to now! I had a used car before this one and I honestly didnt have any problems, just do regular mantience!

ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I SHOULD DO? Car is a lease, I cant sell it, I cant use the lemon law, I cant do anything but suffer! From panels that fall when Im driving to steering wheel locking up on the highway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in