2007 G6 Rear Driver Side Speaker Not Working!! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy 2007 G6 Rear Driver Side Speaker Not Working!!

Earlier in the week, I found that the rear driver side speaker system is not working. This is not a Monsoon system and there are no audio modifications that have been made to the car. I have taken the wire from the non-working speaker and connected it to the passenger side rear speaker system. The speaker worked with that cabling, so obviously it is not the wire.

The only thing that I can think of is that there may be some kind of short, because if the speaker was blown, it would still make sound, just garbled.

Would anyone have any recommendations on how to resolve this issue? I would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 01:50 AM
Lifetime Member

I think there's a capacitor within the speaker set up, this could be bad. It would prob be best to replace the speaker, IMO.

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 07:43 AM

Yes best to just replace the speaker, which is not that easy.
Blown rear speakers are not uncommon on the G6 as these factory speakers are crap. I would replace them with something better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Its the harness that isnt reproduced yet in aftermarket.
So cut them wires!!

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 10:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to bubbashrimp Send a message via Yahoo to bubbashrimp
blown speakers don't always make sound still. i've been a car audio/video/security installer for 9 years and know that for a fact. what your describing to me sounds like a blown speaker, and like the other post stated it's no easy chore taking apart the back end to replace them.i would recommend taking it to the dealer if still under warranty to get it replaced, to your local car stereo shop(best buy or circuit city would be examples). Unless you know of a reputable privately owned shop in your area
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 08:28 AM

just to offer a sympathetic voice here...I have the same problem in my '06. Along with the fact that both visor mirror covers and the rear view mirror have fallen off, for obvious reasons, I am not thrilled with this car.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 11:51 PM

Blown rear speakers and broken visor mirror covers are common problems on the G6. When I test drove the G6, I say 1/3 of the cars I drove have these problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in