Keyless Remote Programming - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Keyless Remote Programming

Hi everyone,
I bought an extra remote on e-bay and it was supposed to come with instructions on programming it. It didn't, but before I send it back, I was wondering if anyone here had those instructions. I don't want to go to the dealer to have it done if at all possible. Thanks.
Rusty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 03:16 PM

Unfortunately on this vehicle you cannot program new key fobs for a vehicle yourself. The dealer needs to do it with a test tool.

There are many types of key fobs out there so it is not always a sure thing the one you received is correct one. If you still have it available take a look and answer these questions:

Does your vehicle have remote start and/or does the new fob have remote start.

Take a look at the GM Part Number on back cover. Here are a couple potential part numbers that you should find

Remote Start Transmitter: New-22733524, old-10305092
Non-Remote Start Transmitter: New-22733523, old-10305091
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

The ones I got on E-bay are 10305092. The ones that came with the car are 22733524. How much do you think the dealer will charge to program these? I do have the remote start
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 10:27 AM

I don't think they'll be able too because the remote isn't the same model, I'm pretty sure it works on different frequencies.

To program it takes at most 5 minutes so it depends on your dealer how much they'll charge. Most will charge minimum half an hour of shop time (at 50$/hour that'd be 25$) but some will do it for free if you ask nicely. Not likely with a part you bought from somewhere else though...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 09:46 PM

Actually with the parts you have I think either will work. The old ones were likely from a 2004 Malibu which has same remote start system as G6. One difference with them is that they have a slightly longer delay for trunk to pop when you press button and I think there was a battery retention feature improvement on newer part.

If you go to dealer make sure you take all fobs because programming procedure usually erases memory in module.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Keyless remote

Thanks for all the good info.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 07:11 PM

Yep go to the dealer
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 11:21 AM

99% of the time, it is the rubber button pad that has conductive material on the back that wears out, you can replace the rubber button pad and everything will work "like new"...a lot cheaper and no programming..Wally
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in