Gall dang Onstar!!!! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Question Gall dang Onstar!!!!

I was wondering if anyone else has problems with using Onstar in their car. I have a 2008 g6 gt and every once in a while I'll try to use it and when I press the button nothing happens. The light is green indicating I have service so it's wierd that it's so intermitent. What is your all's experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 07:52 PM

As you know OnStar is owned by GM, and it uses Verizon Wireless to make calls ect. From time to time it will act up like any other wireless device. Go online and check the coverage area where you live for Verizon, this may be the problem. Hope this helped.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

yeah I kind of figured it might be a coverage thing but is it normal for it to not do anything when the button is pressed? All buttons don't do anything sometimes. Is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 10:09 PM

Yes my new 2009 has done that and I contacted OnStar and that was their explanation. If you continue to have problems contact onstar at their 800 number and they will likely kiss your butt and come up with a solution.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

I have a green light but havent paid for the service in over a year.

They sent me a letter last year saying that I needed the digital conversion and that if I subscribed for one year the dealershio would only charge me $15 for the parts and install.

I didnt realise the minutes you bought expired at the end of the year so when they erased all my minutes I said SCREW Onstar and didnt go back.

I feel I paid for the minutes and that they shouldnt expire. They didnt tell me that when I read them my credit card info over the phone. So they lost me as a customer.

Just keep in mind it is still a cell phone and it has the same issues cell phones have.
But it should attempt the call so if your pushing buttons and you dont hear the voice ask you what you want , etc then something is wrong with your unit.

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 06:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to flywithabowtie
I was told that if you have VZW then you can add a line to the car for $10/mth. Basically your giving your car it's own cell phone.

Whole lot cheaper than paying for the minutes through On-Star.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in