A/C Not very cold!! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

A/C Not very cold!!

Has anyone else noticed that the A/C in the g6 is not cold at all. I sat it mine the other day 90 degrees out, driving down the highway I had to keep it on full blast the whole time, never got me cold.

Sat in my dads 01 F150, has it on high for 5 minutes and had to turn it down, and whe i feel the air coming from his vents its MUCH colder than mine.

Im taking it to the dealer next week to get that checked out along with replaced blown speaker, rough idle, BUBBLE in my brand new tires...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 04:55 PM

Sounds like taking it in is a good idea because i haven't turned mine past the second level and i get cold when it's 90 degrees on the outside.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 05:01 PM

That sucks a new car with an A?C that doesnt work sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 06:33 PM

Duude....I am having the same exact problems...less the Tire bubble...

My A/C Doesn't feel cold at all!....I have it full blast and it seems ok...but It should be freezing....I'm also getting a rought Idle as well....my buddy was sitting in the car the other day and mentioned it.

I'm gonna call the dealer as well.

D.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Yea man, I hear ya. I dont think there gonna cover the bubble either...and if they dont Im going to raise hell. I want my AC freezing, and its no wheres close to that, its not even cold at all. If i want to feel "cool" I have to close 2 of the vents on passenger side to force all air to my side, on full blast
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 08:30 AM

I'm having the same problem. A/C not really cold, even at full blast !

I guess I'm going to have to bring the car in for check up
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 01:55 PM

Same A/C thing going on here...it was 92 deg. and very muggy here in Upstate NY this weekend and I noticed the A/C in the G6 was not nearly as cold as my Dakota.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Mine is working a lot better now when I have it on the circulation setting
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 05:45 AM

A/C in designed to work in recirc mode. That way you are recooling the air already there, instead of constantly trying to cool 92 degree outside air!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 08:59 AM

Mine was in recirculation mode. I always use A/C in recirc mode. The A/C works okay, it just doesn't get super cold is all. It may be that huge windshield radiates too much heat. My truck has a much smaller windshield and at much different angle to the sun.

Truck windshield: |_
G6 windshield: /_
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 06:30 PM

Just took mine in to the Dealership....they stuck a thermometer into the vent and we waited for it to reach a certain temp....apparently between a certain temp it's "ok"...never reached it...so it's in on Friday to get looked at. They are also looking into the rough idle.

Hope they can fix them...not that the A/C doesn't work...but if I'm spending the million dollars in gas to run it...I want it to work - not to mention ofcourse, it's a new car.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 07:01 PM

Ok - took it in to the dealer today. They checked out the A/C and everything was ok. The rough idle is apparently because the compressor (even if the A/C is off) can run. That makes the car idle a little rougher.

ahn...no big deal, if that's the least of my problems then I guess I'm ok! LOL

Cheers.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 07:04 AM

So everyone with this not so cold AC just has to deal with it? My AC in my G6 does not even come close to my friends '05 Altima or my husband's '04 Silverado. On a normally hot day I have to keep it at at least the 2nd or 3rd notch.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 07:33 PM

Is there a way you can run recirculation mode automatically? After i turn off my car (2008 g6) every time i turn it back on it always goes back to regular cooling and i have to select recirculation mode. I want recirculation mode as a default setting is there a possible solution for this?
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 08:06 PM

Hey man, this thread is from 2005 lol. Almost 9 years old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in