Have a 2007 g6 that recently had subs connected - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Have a 2007 g6 that recently had subs connected

I got twelves connected in my g6 recently. i got it hooked up to my factory stereo and ever since that the stereo spazzes out on me. Need help or advice wheter i should keep the factory stereo or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAV13SO View Post
I got twelves connected in my g6 recently. i got it hooked up to my factory stereo and ever since that the stereo spazzes out on me. Need help or advice wheter i should keep the factory stereo or not?
If you did it your self you may consider letting a pro look at it. Monsoon is a wild card of a head unit.

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

the thing is that i did get it connected by a pro. i took it to this place that they connect it and they messed it up becuz the stereo works fine when the subs aint connected... i dont think they know exactly what there doing becuz they connected it to the power windows... unless thats where your suppose to connect them on a monsoon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 03:27 AM
Lifetime Member

Uh, ya might want a second opinion.

The shop that hooked up wifie's amp and speakers told us up front that the Monsoon was a bitch and it will take extra time to install. I don't have a clue as to what it takes to hook up to the Monsoon but I'm sure that if it's done wrong it won't work right.
BTW, the wife's system sound really nice now.

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 08:56 AM
GTP 06

Send a message via MSN to maykevin5
why the heck did they do that? so you can control the bass with a touch of a finger?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

well im not going to take it to them again for sure im gonna go to this other place. and i dont know why they connected it there. though i am thinking about changing the factory stereo.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 08:36 PM

I have the monsoon package but one thing I have really noticed is the rear speakers when they hit cause an absolutely annoying rattle. I have yet to look at it closer due to all the cold weather but it sounds like just the casing over the speakers. If anyone else had this problem and found out that it wasn't the speaker casing please let me know before I rip the whole back of my car apart.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 09:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to markpetersonii Send a message via MSN to markpetersonii
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMe2 View Post
I have the monsoon package but one thing I have really noticed is the rear speakers when they hit cause an absolutely annoying rattle. I have yet to look at it closer due to all the cold weather but it sounds like just the casing over the speakers. If anyone else had this problem and found out that it wasn't the speaker casing please let me know before I rip the whole back of my car apart.
I LOVE Bass and when mine hits it makes numerous vibrating sounds caused by...

- Driver's Side Mirror Housing
- Front Passenger Door Panel
- Rear Right Door Handle
- Dome Light Housing Cover

If I turn it up loud enough I can't hear them anymore! haha

2003 Mercedes Benz E500 Sport - 2001 Ford Ranger XLT

Last edited by markpetersonii; 02-23-2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: spelling...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in