rattle in back of car - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
GJS

rattle in back of car

I dont have a sun roof but i have noticed a rattle noise comming from the back or under the car im going to take it into the dealer next monday it is really starting to bother me anybody else have or had this problem.It is worse on rough roads as expected.I hope the dealer does not tell me they will look at it when i bring it in for the annuall inspection.I really dont like the annuall and semi annuall inspections they are doing now in CANADA at our dealers are they doing the same in the U.S ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 07:23 AM

I have a lot of them.. Sorry man.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 10:45 AM

When i close any of my doors the under my car in the back rattles a ton. I think it is that plastic trim piece on the bottom of the car.. but i have no idea how to secure it.. i've been trying for a couple weeks now.. also.. when i hit bumps while driving.. i feel something shaking like down by the pedals.. it's hard to explain..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 07:15 PM

sun roof

I am buying a g6 gt tomorrow and I am wondering if anyone has had any problems with their sunroofs particuarlly the pannal/ panaramic sun roof. the car i am about to purchase has a pannel sun roof and i have noticd that there are a lot of 05's with them back at the dealers because they have been brought back by previous owners due to the noise they make and ratteling. Has any one had any problems with theirs, or had and signs of leaking?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 09:34 AM

Lets see. Problems, Yea, a few. For the Panoramic roof, there are a few things. The do rattle and once the dealership started to work on mine I developed a bad wind noise. NO LEAKS. They just had is in and removed the rattles (for how long???) but can't get the panels lined up to get rid of the wind noise. There is also a bulletin out about rattles in the back. For the Panoramic roof, it could be the motors. It also could be the FM boost module is located back there as well. They seem to loosen up.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 02:55 PM

Inside the car or just the rear in general?

Mine rattles because I turn the stereo up higher towards the back and I have a solar powered toy sitting on it :P

And what annual inspections are they talking about? Never heard of such a thing, other than maximum of 1 year oil life.

2006 G6 SE V6 Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic
General Motors - A pension fund run by spineless beancounting fools who just happens to be building cars on the side.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 11:17 AM

Toni, I think he means his provence's 1 year road inspection.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 02:35 PM

Toni is in the same province.

Ontario doesn't have annual inspections, so I don't know what the guy is talking about either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in