Leak from Sunroof Ctrl Panel AND around hood release. - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Leak from Sunroof Ctrl Panel AND around hood release.

Has anyone else had issues with water leaks? Twice now ive had a few drops of water come down through my sunroof control panel in the roof, and when it rains the water runs in down underneath the steering wheel somewhere around where the hood release is. The other day it rained and i put a full sized bath towel down there and there was so much water it completely soaked the whole towel. I took it to a dealer and they said they sprayed water on it and couldn't reproduce it. Is that driver door recall related to this ya think? Whatever it is, im pissed and just about ready for GM to take this damn car back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 08:29 PM

Yikes, tough problem, water could be coming from anywhere: windshield, doors, sunroof, maybe even the windshield wiper cover. Keep a close eye on it for sure.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 09:11 AM

Water leaks are very hard to duplicate. The technician gets in the car, the lot person sprays the car with water. Tech uses a flashlight to try and spot leak. Removing panels and such. It is hard to get the water hose to be exactly like rain water, it just does not go into the same places at times. keep the faith, they will find it. If you want try another dealer. They are only as good as the people that work there. Just remember, they are people just like you...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 07:03 PM

My money is on your HVAC unit or the windshiled wiper cover...I've been hearing problems from the grapevine that the vents are getting stuck open and allowing water and such to enter the cabin. It doesn't make sense that then water would leak from the sunroof switch and not soak the headliner, short out the switch, etc.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 01:02 PM

Water Leak?

Does your G6 have a normal or panoramic roof? If normal, does it have a bubble deflector on it? If so, remove it, as the water is probably due to condensation/water on the bubble.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 04:07 PM

Sheesh...I've had this car since January...and wouldn't you know, I had no problems until the day after I read this post.

I was pulling out of my parking lot in my apartment (it's on a slope) and I hit the brakes. A stream of water ran onto my windshield..I assumed it was from the roof and was on the outside. Then I said to myself, "Self, wouldn't that suck if it was inside?"

So I touch it, and its in my car...it came from the headlining above me. Strange...I'll see if I can reproduce.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 10:10 PM

Ouch! Let us know what you find out...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 10:32 AM

Ok this is starting to Scare me!

More GM build quality issues. As long as the warranty is good then we will be OK. What happens after the 3yr/30,000mi mark is anyones guess.

GM advertises on the Pontiac TV ads that they have the highest quality rated factories in North America. To me, that is yet to be seen. I have more orange peel and dirt in my paint than the state of Florida along with a myriad of squeaks, seeps and just shoddly snapped together plastic pieces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in