rattle ! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

rattle !

my new g6 has a rattle in the front passenger side--inside the dash -can't get under --i sprayed some litium grease in every available ho;e into the dash--still there--sounds like a piece of plastic or cable holder --it started a few miles ago--not when i picked it up--any sufggestions or simular problems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 03:18 PM

I noticed the same thing about a week ago. Still can't figure out where exactly itís coming from just know that is coming from the front passenger side inside the dash. Sounds like a cables knocking against something.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 04:57 PM

Don't want to sound like a wise-ass...but did you check your glovebox for any loose materials? I had a problem with my Focus and found out it was my tire gauge rattling against "another piece of cold steel" in there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

rattle2

thx--not glove box-took everything out of car-change-cd's out of radio etc--sprayed at least 1/2 can of grease--still there-
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHadden
Don't want to sound like a wise-ass...but did you check your glovebox for any loose materials? I had a problem with my Focus and found out it was my tire gauge rattling against "another piece of cold steel" in there
-thx-took all out of car-cd's from radio etc--still there-annoying
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 09:27 AM

Mine rattled a little bit today as I was stopping at a redlight, down hill. Airbag module or wires? I hope my rattle was a one time occurance.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

rattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchip
I noticed the same thing about a week ago. Still can't figure out where exactly itís coming from just know that is coming from the front passenger side inside the dash. Sounds like a cables knocking against something.
losened glove box - all the way inside at top is a vent or black long oblong tube from middle to right side--it seems to be the rattle--put some foam between it and frame--will let you know
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

rattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchip
Dealer sending me a picture of fix--will post when received.It seems to be body flex arounf the seam of fender and body near the shock post-under crowl of windshield

Last edited by hook2233; 08-05-2005 at 06:55 PM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 10:59 PM

Ive had it since November of last year.. it wont go away. Dealer cant seem to find it either.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 10:20 AM

Enough with the grease!

If I where you I wouldn't spray all the oil under your dash that won't fix two plastic clip or wire harnesses from rattling together. It also makes for a sticky mess if someone has to pull that dash apart to do repair work in the future. The filler foam may work but make sure you are not covering up anything that needs to get ventilation/circulation. I asked the stealer dealer to fix my sunroof from squeaking but of course they could not duplicate the problem. I will have to lubriacte the gasket on the sunroof glass with some silicone to see if that helps. If it doesn't then it is back to the stealer for suggestions. They won't fix anything though unless you twist their arm.

Last edited by Lone Star G6; 07-25-2005 at 10:23 AM.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star G6
If I where you I wouldn't spray all the oil under your dash that won't fix two plastic clip or wire harnesses from rattling together. It also makes for a sticky mess if someone has to pull that dash apart to do repair work in the future. The filler foam may work but make sure you are not covering up anything that needs to get ventilation/circulation. I asked the stealer dealer to fix my sunroof from squeaking but of course they could not duplicate the problem. I will have to lubriacte the gasket on the sunroof glass with some silicone to see if that helps. If it doesn't then it is back to the stealer for suggestions. They won't fix anything though unless you twist their arm.
its not plastic wiring hardness -its up near winshield in dash-air pipes? or something on top-grease may work-
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

rattle -dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_h_o_r_t_yGA99
Ive had it since November of last year.. it wont go away. Dealer cant seem to find it either.
I am going wed to ealer-here in NY we have a lemon law -after a few documented visits and they can't fix it --the dealer must give you some sort of satisfaction--any other info from you will be helpful--thx
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 06:36 AM

I'm glad I'm not crazy!! I went to the dealership yesterday to have this rattle looked at and the service people didn't seem to know what I was talking about. One service person finally heard it once. They told me they would check to see if there were any notices on the G6 and if not I would just need to bring it back so they could try to hear the rattle. I heard all the way home and this morning.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn P
I'm glad I'm not crazy!! I went to the dealership yesterday to have this rattle looked at and the service people didn't seem to know what I was talking about. One service person finally heard it once. They told me they would check to see if there were any notices on the G6 and if not I would just need to bring it back so they could try to hear the rattle. I heard all the way home and this morning.
dealer too kmy interior apart to find rattle--he thinks he got it--will know tomorrow!--will let you know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in