Oil Spot in Garage - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

Oil Spot in Garage

The car only has 7200 miles on it - there should not be an oil leak. I just had my oil changed on the 9th at a Jiffy Lube- hopefully they forgot to tighten something- any ideas.

Help!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 10:19 AM
RKH

Somehting else to consider is that maybe they were messy and spilled some oil (the new or the old) into a depression and it's dripping out.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Well- just got it back from the shop. The place where I went to get my last oil change didnt' tighten the filter and drain plug enough - and that was 969 miles ago - I'm lucky I didn't burn out an engine!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 03:19 PM
GJS

Thats why i dont go to the quick oil change places my brother in law went to a minute lube here same thing as jiffy lube and had the same thing happen but he burnt his engine also had a friend it happened to him at wal mart.I believe you get what you pay for
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 09:50 AM

I go to Jiffy Lube every time with my S10, and i haven't had a problem. I don't think i'll take my g6 there though. I'd rather pay a little more and have it done right by the dealership.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 10:50 PM

Better yet, you can change it yourself...not that hard and saves money. Also allows you to sleep at night knowing that you did it the right way. When I get mine and after I put 1000 miles on the factory oil, I'll do a write-up with pictures for everyone, just so there is one.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 09:38 AM

If you do decide to change your oil, be sure and keep reciepts and document everything. If a warranty issue arrives, you will have to prove that the proper maintenance was performed.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 10:14 AM

Man! Jiffy Lube strikes again. Mine already has some very light oil seepage around the PCV valve. I brought this up on my first oil change at the dealer and they said that this was normal along with the body filler inside of the sunroof well with the wind deflector shield clip stuck through it. I am not impressed with GM's quality control on these kinds of issues. It is like one of you have already said. "You get what you pay for!" When you take a car in for repair or maintenance it is frustrating to check behind the mechanic to see if he has performed the work correctly.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 12:01 PM
GTP 06

Send a message via MSN to maykevin5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyldy View Post
The car only has 7200 miles on it - there should not be an oil leak. I just had my oil changed on the 9th at a Jiffy Lube- hopefully they forgot to tighten something- any ideas.

Help!!!!!!!!!!
Think i would have made them buy you a new car. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in