rattle or other problems! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

rattle or other problems!

I just spoke with pontiac customer and he said to e-mail or srite Gm on problems. Use the web site

http://www.gmbuypower.com/homePage.bp?

where it says -contact us--and explain your problem Theres also a recall on our engines. Should be getting the letter within the next week or so--about a crankshaft gear or something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 03:32 PM

Wow. That really pisses me off. An engine recall?!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 09:07 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook2233
I just spoke with pontiac customer and he said to e-mail or srite Gm on problems. Use the web site

http://www.gmbuypower.com/homePage.bp?

where it says -contact us--and explain your problem Theres also a recall on our engines. Should be getting the letter within the next week or so--about a crankshaft gear or something
I e-mailed GM about this rattle to the above address. I contacted Pontiac as well just to see what they would tell me. The lady in customer service told me she didn't see any recalls on the G6's and I asked if there was any information about this rattle that I have and if anyone else had contacted them about a rattle. She put me on hold for about 5 minutes and came back and said that they knew nothing about any rattles and that know one else had had this complaint. She suggested that I take the car to the dealership and have them check it out, as I did this on Monday and it hasn't gotten me anywhere so far. Someone else should call as well to see what they tell them. I have a file number wrote down where she documented my complaint about the rattle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 12:38 PM

I just emailed them about the rattles and front end vibration on my G6. I will post a reply when I hear from them.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn P
I e-mailed GM about this rattle to the above address. I contacted Pontiac as well just to see what they would tell me. The lady in customer service told me she didn't see any recalls on the G6's and I asked if there was any information about this rattle that I have and if anyone else had contacted them about a rattle. She put me on hold for about 5 minutes and came back and said that they knew nothing about any rattles and that know one else had had this complaint. She suggested that I take the car to the dealership and have them check it out, as I did this on Monday and it hasn't gotten me anywhere so far. Someone else should call as well to see what they tell them. I have a file number wrote down where she documented my complaint about the rattle.
The recall was on the web site-mygm -i registere my vin etc. I called and gave my vin and the guy told me about a crankshaft timing gear or something -recall --anyway--the rattle is being worked on by my dealer-he has the whole dash apart -its been 2 days--if enough complain maybe gm will have a look
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in