power mirrors - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
GJS

power mirrors

when my wife picked me up from work tonight i went to adjust the mirrors but they do not work at all im going to check the fuse tomorow in daylight.but im still going to take it to the dealer on monday if that is the problem .anybody else have this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 06:57 AM

Nope my mirrors work fine, but come to think of it I dont adjust the mirrors at all really, I dont think ive even messed with them after first day I got it.....
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 08:19 AM

When you have problems with mirrors of course good to observe if mirrors completely inoperative or just one side or direction - it helps narrow down root cause.

The mirror L-R switch must be selected Left or Right - if in center position it will be intentionally inoperative.

Look at the switch itself if dark out and with lights on and make sure it is backlit like other switches - if not maybe switch not plugged in.

Fuse is located in the fuse/relay center that is behind a trim panel on right side of console. It is a 2 Amp fuse and fuse location information on back of panel as well in owner manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
GJS

fuse is fine so still dont work car goes in tomorow morning will post what it was i have a appointment with dealer manager about my past service problems them saying they will look at my problems next time i bring the car in for service.they have said that to me three different times
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 03:22 PM

When I drove the demo, the mirror switch was janked up...I had to press the mirror in the left direction while pushing the "select mirror" button to the right to be able to adjust the drivers side mirror. Check and see if it hasn't been pushed out of place.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
GJS

the wireing harnes was pinched when the factory installed the mirrors they replaced that .And with the rattle i had comming from under the car was the brake cables were loose and were they run they said over gas tank? was causing the noise so they fastened them better no more rattle so far
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in