Rattle - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

Angry Rattle

OK, as I've posted before I have this rattle that sounds like it's coming from the passenger side of the car, on a normal day only rattles while in gear. Yesterday after my husband finally decided I was not crazy because he heard the rattle as he was walking down the driveway he opend the hood. The rattle seems to be coming from (and excuse me, but I am no mechanic and neither is my husband so I'll have to describe what I was looking at) under the hood of course, but if your are staning in front of the car and look to the left of the motor (passenger side) the rattle is coming from where the belt is turning. The belt turns faster (of course) when the car is in gear which causes the metal piece that the belt is turning on to rattle. Can anyone give me somemore technical terms for this? I'm calling the dealership today, to see if maybe this time they'll take the time to look at it. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, my car is sometimes hard to start. I know this has been discussed before, about not having the key turned all the way, but I have the key turned all the way and the car acts like it wants to start but it seems to struggle. Also, it doesn't seem to idle quietly and smooth all the time, sometimes it acts like it wants to die and then the RPM's jump way up to get it idle again. Anyone else notice these problems?

My G6 GT only has 4400 miles on it. My husband seems to think I being a little too picky, but this is not my 1st brand new car, so I know they are not suppose to be like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn P
OK, as I've posted before I have this rattle that sounds like it's coming from the passenger side of the car, on a normal day only rattles while in gear. Yesterday after my husband finally decided I was not crazy because he heard the rattle as he was walking down the driveway he opend the hood. The rattle seems to be coming from (and excuse me, but I am no mechanic and neither is my husband so I'll have to describe what I was looking at) under the hood of course, but if your are staning in front of the car and look to the left of the motor (passenger side) the rattle is coming from where the belt is turning. The belt turns faster (of course) when the car is in gear which causes the metal piece that the belt is turning on to rattle. Can anyone give me somemore technical terms for this? I'm calling the dealership today, to see if maybe this time they'll take the time to look at it. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, my car is sometimes hard to start. I know this has been discussed before, about not having the key turned all the way, but I have the key turned all the way and the car acts like it wants to start but it seems to struggle. Also, it doesn't seem to idle quietly and smooth all the time, sometimes it acts like it wants to die and then the RPM's jump way up to get it idle again. Anyone else notice these problems?

My G6 GT only has 4400 miles on it. My husband seems to think I being a little too picky, but this is not my 1st brand new car, so I know they are not suppose to be like this.

OK, I went to the dealership and have to have a new belt and tension rod. He said the belt was flopping and this is the noise I have been hearing. The parts are suppose to be in tomorrow afternoon, so we'll see if that fixes the rattle I keep hearing. As for the idle and trouble starting it, I'll ask about it when I go pick it up today because they didn't mention it when they called me. The service guy did tell me that the rattle was not that loud, but in my view it's a new car, it's not suppose to RATTLE at all.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 05:20 PM

I had a rattle-it sounded like it was from inside the dash on the passenger side. The dealer took the whole interior apart. The rattle is outside under the crowl. Its the seam near the shock tower connecting the fender to the body. The rattle is body flex he put a sealer in and no more rattle and he did the recall on the harmonic balancer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in