Im so pissed off - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Im so pissed off

With the new recall of the Harmonic Balancer, im INFURIATED.

Heres why.

If that part has been faulty on our cars, the damage may already be done, although not evident yet. The internals could have been taking a beating, and theres no way to tell. And guess what, you know damn well they arent replacing all of our motors.

I dont even want the car anymore knowing how much damage could have been caused.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 01:30 AM

mygmlink.com says nothing about a recall.. where did you hear this from?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunkele
mygmlink.com says nothing about a recall.. where did you hear this from?
mygmlink.com had it on two weeks ago. I had mine "retorqued" last Friday. I also received a recall letter from Pontiac in the mail yesterday.

I'm also wondering if the engine has been damage already with 7200 miles on it before the problem was found.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 06:29 AM

How does Pontiac / GM decided to which cars to recall? Are there currently 3 recalls out since the G6 came out? I know there was the owners manual issue, which I got the information in the mail for that, then there's the harmonic balancer (haven't rec'd any info on it), and did I hear something else about another recall?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn P
Are there currently 3 recalls out since the G6 came out? I know there was the owners manual issue, which I got the information in the mail for that, then there's the harmonic balancer (haven't rec'd any info on it), and did I hear something else about another recall?
3 recalls, affecting some or all vehicles, depending on the recall.

1: Owner's manual - all sedans that got a "first print" owner's manual.

2: Harmonic balancer - only some were affected. The guy that was supposed to do it at the factory was probably in the john when those engines rolled by. If your engine was damaged by this screw-up, you'd know it already.

3: Water Intrusion - all early sedans. Water can get into the door through the exterior lock "under certain circumstances" and activate the locks and trunk. Fun, especially if you're tooling down the highway.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 11:14 AM

Thanks!! You'd think they would have the water problem fixed by now, since in 1999 when I bought a new Grand Am GT, I had to take it in more than once about water coming in on the driver's side. I'd get in the car after a rain and the floor board be soaked.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 12:14 PM

I agree with the Original Poster.

That is ridiculous, and they probably should've cared a little more about noticing something like that if it was such a quality winning award car.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 04:04 PM

I havent had my G6 but a few months and I havent had not one recall, but I am looking for them...LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in