U0110 Code-Hoping for help - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Question U0110 Code-Hoping for help

Back story:'06 GT 3.5L Automatic
Replaced the upper/lower intake gaskets. Had the battery disconnected for about 3 months in the process (weren't using the car, only worked on it in my spare time). Got everything back together, car won't start! Replaced the battery, figured it went bad(2 years old). Everything on the car works (lights, radio, windows, sunroof, mirrors, etc...)After trying to start it a couple times with nothing, then I noticed the error message appeared in the odometer. Double checked and all connections and grounds are tight, 12.66 at battery (load tested good), good fuse and relay (swapped out for a new one and tried another one) voltage at starter. Took starter off, bench tested, figured maybe starter was bad, spins works great. Got a reprogrammed PCM for the hell of it. Did a "key relearn" and it appeared to work, still no crank/start. Bought a scanner, got code U0110 "No communication with the TCM" I never even touched the damn thing. Possible of memory loss from the that as well???
I'm stumped!!!!! Ready to call the scrapyard!!!!

Between the old house, garage and cars will there ever be enough time or money?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 07:43 PM

You already mentioned a good fuse, but I wonder if you checked the TCM fuse specifically. The wiring diagram indicates the TCM fuse is 10A in position 42 in the underhood fuse block. There is also another 10A fuse in position 4 that looks to connect to the Run / Crank relay. Hope you get it going.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 06:16 AM

I know you've said you've double checked connections and grounds, but did you check connections specifically to the TCM? It's not very common that these fail, so the only other thing I can think of that'd cause it to go dark is an open circuit somewhere between that and whatever it talks to. It's possible that one of the wires has a minor internal fault that was bridged when you tested connections but was re-broken when everything was plugged back in, it may just be a matter of hooking your multimeter to both connections for each wire and wiggling the harness around to check resistance or continuity. Even after 3 months of power loss, I wouldn't think the TCM would need to relearn the car or be reprogrammed though.

When you say you did a key relearn with a reprogrammed PCM and it "appeared to work" but didn't crank, what do you mean by it appeared to work? Did it seem like it cranked briefly? What changed?

~Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

I did the key relearn and after that the security light stopped blinking. No crank/start. Due to the Error on the dash, at the recommendation of a friend, I performed the key relearn.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

All fuses check out ok using a test light. Still no start! Scanner still says Lost Comm WithTCM.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 07:36 PM

Did you ever get this sorted out? I'm having same issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in