Pontiac G6 Forum banner

loosing antifreeze

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  VoodooMan 
#1 ·
I smell it but can't locate the leak. The reservoir only goes down about half way in 500 miles or so, so it is a slow leak.
Nothing hits the ground and I cant see the water pump good enough.
Ideas???

#2 ·
Same problem here, slow leak, nothing I can see hitting the ground. I can smell antifreeze right between the alternator and power steering pump. I've run my hands along the coolant lines I could find, pulled the plastic air hose so I could check the ones around the water pump, and so far they seem bone dry, I don't see any evidence of leaks. Can't see pump enough to tell if it's leaking or not. Can you smell where the leak is coming from? Interested to see if this is a common thing or if there's something between the pump and alternator that could leak coolant.

#5 ·
My ’08 GT (3.5L) has a very slow leak coming from the bottom of the coolant recovery tank. I need to take a closer look to see if it's coming from the hose connection, or from the tank itself. I only noticed it when changing the shift cable bushing and smelled the coolant, then saw the area was wet. My leak is also small enough that it doesn’t drip to the ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.