Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Saint Marys, GA
2008 GT Coupe Problems and Fixes
I'm a hands on guy so I will make a list of issues my G6 is having and what I will do or have done to repair the issue. Maybe I can help someone along the way.
1. Seats not able to recline or move the backrest at all - Solution, have your 6' 2" 240lb friend sit in each seat, pull up on the lever and slam his weight into the backrest until it breaks free. It works.
2. Drivers door issue (Radio won't turn off and window won't drop when door is opened - Coupe) Most likely caused by the door latch which also holds the door sensor. Solution so far - turn off car, tap the window down button so the window drops the same distance it would if it did it on its own. This has worked for me by somehow tricking the car into thinking it did it on its own. Final solution should be to replace the latch. $45ish.
3. Sunroof - Glass is loose and closes too far into the roof. Solution should be to tighten the forward screws at the forward inside corners of the mounting bracket. I will update when I have done this. It looks like the screws are torx.
4. Check Engine Light - Catalyst Below Threshold (P0420) I have an exhaust leak... this is most likely the cause and not the Oxygen Sensor(s). This issue is intermittent. - Solution, repair leak.
5. Turn Signal Switch - Will not lock in the left turn position and will not reset from the right turn position. - Solution, replace switch. $17ish.
6. Windshield Washer Sprayers - Sprayers are not spraying correctly. Left is spraying below the wiper arm at the base of the windshield and the right sprayer doesn't spray. - Solution, install new hoses and adjust the sprayers with a needle.
7. Exhaust leak - Hoping it's a gasket.
I will add more issues and solutions as they present themselves.
Last edited by AudioFreak; 12-13-2018 at 09:33 PM.