Wont start lock out - Pontiac G6 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Comkit69

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Wont start lock out

I have a 2009 G6, been having problems, wont steart, error or odometer. I reset security lock out and was able to connect to computer with my scanner but no coded showed. I loaded up on car carrier and it started yesterday. This morn wouldn't start again, raised front end in and then was able to start. While driving down the road, security light came on and traction control light came on. Parked car now I can't reset security lock out. Just put new battery in, and still can't start, Error still on dash. Is there a leveling device hooked into the security system? I have over the recommend 12.6 volts to reset security. HELP PLEASE.. WIFE NEEDS THE CAR FOR WORK!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 09:55 PM

I don't believe there is a leveling or even a motion sensor on with the security system.
I only note this as I was amazed that I can lock the car up and THEN slam the trunk, and not cause the alarm to go off.
Security and traction control? Odd combo, they aren't related, except that they both pass through the BCM.
The BCM is located on the rh side of the center stack.
The only possible help I have here is my story.
I had security light come on randomly, some times with traction control and stability disabled message. Pretty odd, sometimes it would drive fine, other times horrible shift as well. I could turn the car off to reset it most of the time. There was a bulletin some time back about the traction and stability lights. Google it. The factory cure was to apply dielectric grease to the connector.
I did that almost 2 weeks ago now, and it's been good so far.
Will this help you? Maybe.
Interested in what the fix ends up being.
Good Luck my friend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Wont start lock out , Update

Updated on Wifes 09, G6...I found that the ground to the engine had broken off completely, after grounding the Battery to BCM, and grounding starter to batt. Seems to start up everytime.
plano_doug likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in