Pontiac G6 Urgent Overheating Problem - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Pontiac G6 Urgent Overheating Problem

Okay.. my mom loves her car to death and owns a 06 Pontiac G6 Convertible GT 3.5 v6 she’s been having a tiny coolant leak around her water pump area and decided to let the car sit for a little while until she could get it fixed.. her ex decided to drove the thing without her permission and let the thing sit running at his location and it started over heating really bad.. with his stupid mind.. he drove it home 30 mph all the way instead of shutting it off.. the worst part of all he got the thing stuck in a snow bank and romped on the car completely beating the thing to get out of the bank.. I was gonna kill him. So I shut the car off.. the poor thing was so hot to the point it smelt like a factory and she sounded like she was running like a 4 cylinder.. she sounded like she was gonna die.. Poor thing.. well weeks later we replaced the Thermostat thinking he got it stuck.. that stopped the overheating (so we thought) it only got worse.. It can get hot so quick even if you let it run for 5 minutes.. and the gauge cluster will light up like a Christmas tree with everything going off.. I’m thinking he blew a head on the poor Girl.. but we checked the oil and no coolants in the system Nore any water and she isn’t burning oil.. but when she gets hot her exhaust blows a hell of allot of smoke we have also bleeded the system to see if it was blocked with air and the car sometimes drives fine but will not have any heat but when it gets hot it’ll shoot out heat through the vents like nothing.. so far her poor car is siting until we can figure out what she can do What do y’all think could be the culprit? She loves this car to death and doesn’t want to give it up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 08:52 PM
Old far...er...tinkerer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKermaidxX View Post
Okay.. my mom loves her car to death and owns a 06 Pontiac G6 Convertible GT 3.5 v6 she’s been having a tiny coolant leak around her water pump area and decided to let the car sit for a little while until she could get it fixed.. her ex decided to drove the thing without her permission and let the thing sit running at his location and it started over heating really bad.. with his stupid mind.. he drove it home 30 mph all the way instead of shutting it off.. the worst part of all he got the thing stuck in a snow bank and romped on the car completely beating the thing to get out of the bank.. I was gonna kill him. So I shut the car off.. the poor thing was so hot to the point it smelt like a factory and she sounded like she was running like a 4 cylinder.. she sounded like she was gonna die.. Poor thing.. well weeks later we replaced the Thermostat thinking he got it stuck.. that stopped the overheating (so we thought) it only got worse.. It can get hot so quick even if you let it run for 5 minutes.. and the gauge cluster will light up like a Christmas tree with everything going off.. I’m thinking he blew a head on the poor Girl.. but we checked the oil and no coolants in the system Nore any water and she isn’t burning oil.. but when she gets hot her exhaust blows a hell of allot of smoke we have also bleeded the system to see if it was blocked with air and the car sometimes drives fine but will not have any heat but when it gets hot it’ll shoot out heat through the vents like nothing.. so far her poor car is siting until we can figure out what she can do What do y’all think could be the culprit? She loves this car to death and doesn’t want to give it up
If he did everything you say, he probably fried the motor. That is, there's probably some serious damage that cannot be easily repaired. I'd get someone to give you a repair estimate - tell them to highball it - and take the ex to court and get a judgement against him for the damages.

Collecting the damages may be a problem, but, if he didn't have permission to use the car, he needs to be held responsible for it.

Doug

Last edited by plano_doug; 03-10-2019 at 07:47 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 12:17 PM
08 convertible

If you don't have the ability to thoroughly diagnose the issues yourself, take it to a shop for a complete checkout. Damage from overheating is not something I would want to diagnose with strangers over the internet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 05:05 PM

Garage
Sounds like a head gasket failure to me.

Hopefully you can get a good amount of money out of your mom's ex for his stupid behavior.

2008 G6 GT Coupe, 100k miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in