Evap system solenoid vacuum line connection - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Evap system solenoid vacuum line connection

05 Pontiac G6-
Can someone PLEASE tell me what this part is called and where I can find a replacement? I've looked everywhere and my local auto parts stores have no answers for me. This is the piece that connects to the solenoid on one end and has a vertical connection for the vacuum line leading to my gas tank. I'm getting a "check gas cap" warning and it's pulling so much air it sounds like my engine is knocking. Thank you for any info!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190405_212837_1555104317326.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	13825   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190405_213038_1555104335987.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	13827  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

I'm also looking for the replacement vacuum line if anyone can point me in the right direction. I tore mine up digging out the broken piece that was stuck in there.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 08:32 AM

Put your vin# on the top of the page of this link and you should be able to find what your looking for.
https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Nathan View Post
05 Pontiac G6-
Can someone PLEASE tell me what this part is called and where I can find a replacement? I've looked everywhere and my local auto parts stores have no answers for me. This is the piece that connects to the solenoid on one end and has a vertical connection for the vacuum line leading to my gas tank. I'm getting a "check gas cap" warning and it's pulling so much air it sounds like my engine is knocking. Thank you for any info!
I'm not sure what that hose is called but I change the part it was connected to and it's the purge vaule look that up may help
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Nathan View Post
05 Pontiac G6-
I know what part you are talking about I changed my purge valve solenoid about a week ago. That part you broke goes onto the
purge valve solenoid and they are hard to get off without breaking. I dont know if you can get that piece at a parts store or not might
have to get it from GM. If not I know you can get one from a junk yard....Problem is if its a good engine they wont sell parts off it....
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everybody. I ended up going to the local salvage yard where they took me out and let me pull the part with the vacuum line.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

The problem now is attaching the new line. The connections are press fitted together making it almost impossible to disassemble. Anybody know the best way to just cut the two lines in the middle and splice them together?
I was thinking shrink tubing or a rubber hose section with hose clamps.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:41 PM
08 convertible

If these lines are hard plastic, then yes shrink tubing will work fine. So will rubber hose if you can find one of the correct ID.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in