Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Evap system solenoid vacuum line connection

7K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Jo Nathan 
#1 ·
05 Pontiac G6-
Can someone PLEASE tell me what this part is called and where I can find a replacement? I've looked everywhere and my local auto parts stores have no answers for me. This is the piece that connects to the solenoid on one end and has a vertical connection for the vacuum line leading to my gas tank. I'm getting a "check gas cap" warning and it's pulling so much air it sounds like my engine is knocking. Thank you for any info!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I know what part you are talking about I changed my purge valve solenoid about a week ago. That part you broke goes onto the
purge valve solenoid and they are hard to get off without breaking. I dont know if you can get that piece at a parts store or not might
have to get it from GM. If not I know you can get one from a junk yard....Problem is if its a good engine they wont sell parts off it....

#7 ·
The problem now is attaching the new line. The connections are press fitted together making it almost impossible to disassemble. Anybody know the best way to just cut the two lines in the middle and splice them together?
I was thinking shrink tubing or a rubber hose section with hose clamps.

#9 ·
Come to find out this line is considered a fuel line because it pulls gasoline vapors. The local auto parts store had several options for repairing a nylon fuel line. I opted for the quick connect. You just push both ends in and your done. Took me a total of $10 and 5 minutes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.