Urgent in need of guidance and information asap times 2 - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

Urgent in need of guidance and information asap times 2

Hello everyone out there so here's my issue i am in the process of installing a aftermarket head unit and when i was installing the wiring harness my dumbass used spade connectors on the 12 volt wire splice and well i accidentally tapped it on the frame of where the stereo mounts and well it shorted out and must of blown a major fuse or multiple fuses or a bunch of fuses or a relay or a mixture of both im not sure that's why om asking for help and guidance because i don't know how to diagnose where the issue is but the reason i say its fuses and or relays is a guess but what the issue is basically the car has no power to almost everything which includes exterior lights interior lights the alarm and keyless entry the power door locks the ignition the power seats but what does work is the power mirrors the 12volt outlets and the windows still adjust when the doors open and close ow and btw the year and g6 model is a 2008 gt hardtop convertible tho i don't think that makes any difference .. So i beg and plead anyone out there with any knowledge of something it may be please let me know asap thanks ahead of time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 03:23 PM
08 convertible

Rule #1. When working on anything electrical, disconnect the battery.

If you don't have a set of schematics for the car, the quickest thing is to go through the fuse box and check all the fuses. Relays are not likely to be blown by a B+ dead short.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in