Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Low Beams not working, again

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DONJ67 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 and the low beam headlights keep going out. I replaced the whole headlight assembly 2 yrs ago so that is new. The driver and passenger low beams have stopped working every 3-4 months and I've had to change bulbs and replace connectors. I purchased new bulb and headlight connectors, and checked them on the battery to see they are working before I connect to the main wiring harness. Once I attach them to the wiring harness with connectors, cinched and waterproof connectors, no movement in the wires at all, and attach the bulb it doesn't work. The parking and high beams work fine. I've checked all fuses and even replaced the Micro Relay. I've changed the Combo Switch (turn signal/headlight switch) on the steering column also and we still do not have working low beams. Any thoughts ??

#2 ·
You checked the assembly to the battery, but you need a voltmeter to check the line for the low beams at the connector. Sounds like you’ve got a bad connection up line. I had the same problem with driver side low beam. I bought a new connector for attachment to the bulb and it worked for about two weeks before it started coming on and off intermittently. When I checked the connector had melted, so I removed the connector, bought gold plated connectors for connecting to the bulb and soldered and waterproofed wire connections. That was approximately six years ago and no problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.