Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Vanishing coolant

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Sharpie26 
#1 ·
Alright so I have an interesting problem. So yesterday on my way to work I notice my temp gauge peaks up over where it usually sits. I stopped in Walmart and checked the res and it's bone dry. Picked up a bottle of coolant and refilled to the proper level. So I get home and checked the coolant level and it's still filled. This morning I checked the level before leaving for work and it's almost bone dry. Where is this coolant disappearing to? There's no leaks under the car. The car isn't burning coolant. No coolant in the oil. No coolant in the floorboard It's just seemingly vanishing. It's a 2007 3.5L.

#2 ·
The coolant/cooling system expands when the car is at operating temp. When it's cold the coolant level will go down naturally. Keep checking levels and monitor. My G6 needed a top off with coolant once a year maybe. Never had any leaks in it until a fan flew apart and ripped hole in the radiator.Fixed. Let us know if better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.