Pontiac G6 Forum banner

08 GT Tire Pressure Problem

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  rebel65 
#1 ·
Hello - this is my first post here. A few weeks ago, I picked up a 2008 G6 GT coupe loaded with every option. Its a nice little ride. Im making my way through working out the problems, and the one issue I'm having the most trouble with is the Remote Keyless entry and Tire pressure monitor system. I tried everything with my Tech2, I even bought a PROGRAMMING subscription from ACDelco to try to flash the RCDLR module with the new firmware so it wont die after a dead battery.

After many, many failed attempts, I purchased a new OEM module from GMPartsGiant. I installed it, used my Tech2 to set it up, and my Remote keyless was able to program and works just fine now. However, the "SVC TIRE MONITOR" still pops up on my radio. I used my Tech2 to put the module into "TPM Learn Mode", and it does successfully activate, beeping the horn twice and the drivers side turn signal lighting up. With the old module, it never lit up the corner light, but it did beep.

I let air out of the tire for around 20 seconds, and it wouldn't recognize anything. No success beeps, no changing to the next light, nothing. I thought maybe I just had a bad sensor in that tire. So, I moved on to the passenger front wheel and tried to program that one by letting air out of it. (Yes, I know the readings for each wheel would have been backwards in the DIC, but I just wanted to see if any of my tires would program). And I got nothing. Went to the back passenger tire, nothing. Same with driver rear tire. I'm so lost. The previous owner told me that all the sensors were in good working order when I bought it, so I would hate to replace them. But then again, thats only his word. I have no clue if any of them are good.

Has anyone had this problem? I know there are a lot of issues with the RCDLR module, and I am making some progress with the new one over the old one, but I still cant update either of them, or program my tires with either. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

See less See more
#3 ·
Ben, you are not alone. I just bought(private sale) an 08 4dr gt (loaded). My LF tire press won't read either even though the sensor is sending signals(all 4 wheels sending) and I'm getting the same results of the "learning" that you are. Also my ride came with no remotes, so I bought 2, but even 2 dealers can't get them too program as they say there is no comm with the BCM when they hook up their device. Everything else in the car is working perfectly. IF you don't mind, could I "tag along" on your thread here in hopes that some help may respond with info that could help the both of us?

#7 ·
Ben, on mine for wheel sensors, I found that the sensors need to be programmed into the BCM or else the --- icon will shoe at each wheel position on the radio display(DIC). My friend figured that out and it worked on my 08. He says now if I want to be sure that they are matched to wheel position to go thru and do the steps as printed in the owners manual without the need for a CAN BUS capable scanner. Never had a car with individual pressure reading, they now all read so I'm happy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.