Taking on water.... - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Taking on water....

Thought I would share this with you guys in case you havn't noticed or it hasnt happened yet.

Last saturday I had to work and we got one hell of a rain shower (2 inchs in 30mins). While it was still raining I had finished up my shift and headed for the car. After getting drenched on the way to car I sat in the seat and noticed some water inside the window.. instinctively I checked the windows and sunroof to make sure everything had been closed. Yep... then I realized my leg was getting soaked. Water was literally pouring out where the sun visor mounts to the roof. WTF!

I had the body / collision center at the dealership 'fix' the problem on monday but it hasnt rained again so im not sure if its a done deal yet. Ill keep you all informed... according to the guy at the dealership it wasn't the sunroof but one of the body trim moldings on the outside of the car.

I love my g6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 01:40 PM

S8ER99,

I have the same problem. I have the panoramic roof. Two days after I got the car I noticed 4 inches of water in the trunk well. Last week, the driver seat and the back left seat were drenched. The car has only 1500 km's on it. Do you think they can really fix the problem or should I be insisting on a new one? What did your body shop say?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 06:11 AM Thread Starter

I didn't get any paperwork from them..but I can call monday and confirm what he did. As far as I was told they pulled the trim (its the long black strip on the roof located on the far outer edge) then they filled in the channel with something to prevent future leaking. Personally if I were you I would be insisting on a fix immediately!! It only takes a few times before your interior is damaged.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 03:17 PM

I got my car back today. It wasn't the roof at all. It was the rear window. They re-sealed it and said that it was fixed. Let's hope so...for their sake.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Damn.. looks like I need to keep an eye out for more leaks! Glad that they got it fixed for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in