horrible service experience - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

horrible service experience

Took my g6 in for service for the first time....I had a service ticket with 7 complaints on it....they were all basically rattle/noise issues.

Panoramic roof noise is now worse than before I took it in. They said that they basically tightened a couple of bolts. Before the noise was sporadic now it is constant.

Had a creaking noise from the driver front door, they actually fixed this one. However, when they replaced the door panel they neglected to plug the power source for my power mirrors back in....so now I have no power mirrors.

Oil/grease stains all over my headliner and sunshade....I haven't attempted to clean it off yet. I don't really know what to use, and I'm afraid it will just make it worse if I try to clean it with something.

On several of my complaints they basically made up a bunch of B.S. to try to "explain away" the problem without addressing it.

This was not the dealership that I purchased the vehicle from. Perhaps that is part of the problem. The difficulty is that I live 2 hours from the dealership I purchased the vehicle from and it is thus a major league hassle for me to get it over there. It looks like I'm going to have to, though.

Needless to say this dealership is going to get absolutely ripped in my customer satisfaction survey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 05:42 AM

"This was not the dealership that I purchased the vehicle from."

Hate to say it, but, you are probably correct. Now you have to take it back again. When you go in, be sure and ask for the service manager and explain your problems. Just be calm, that goes a lot farther than raising cain.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone
"This was not the dealership that I purchased the vehicle from."

Hate to say it, but, you are probably correct. Now you have to take it back again. When you go in, be sure and ask for the service manager and explain your problems. Just be calm, that goes a lot farther than raising cain.
I don't raise cain I just go straight to the GM of the delaership. I did the same thing when I couldn't get any satisfaction from BMW dealers. I normally give them one mistake then it's on. There is no reason or excuse to me as to why they can't satisfy the customer. If the problem cannot be fixed through the dealer then General Motors should be notified and the car should be fixed correctly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

I have contacted the service manager and advised him of the issues just so it would be on record. I also wrote down the exact day and time that I talked to him and what he said. However, I don't believe I will be taking it back there. I am going to try to take it to the dealer I purchased from; the owners are friends of mine and I know they will treat me right. It's just such a hassle to get the vehicle over there.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 01:34 PM

Bypass the service manager. Go straight to the owner. Let him know what happened. That is totally unacceptable. Your car should come out of service cleaner then it went in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in