Couple of Problems - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Couple of Problems

I have a whistling coming from my front passenger side window (over 60 km/hr) , it has been determined. I have had adjustments made 4 times at the dealer where I bought the car, however the whistling is still there. Any ideas. My next might be to contact GM customer service.

There is a rattle that comes and goes from somewhere deep in the passenger side dash. Any fixes for this.

Also anybody tried driving with the back windows open (with or without the sunroof open). You will get a wind sound that could drive one crazy or give a you feeling that the eardrums will burst.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 11:42 AM

i sometimes have a whistle that sounds like it is coming from the passenger window, but it is actually coming from the panoramic sunroof. I only get the whistle when i go around 80 MPH, and if i open the roof and then close it, the whistle goes away for a while.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 02:35 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeshs_ca
I have a whistling coming from my front passenger side window (over 60 km/hr) , it has been determined. I have had adjustments made 4 times at the dealer where I bought the car, however the whistling is still there. Any ideas. My next might be to contact GM customer service.

There is a rattle that comes and goes from somewhere deep in the passenger side dash. Any fixes for this.

Also anybody tried driving with the back windows open (with or without the sunroof open). You will get a wind sound that could drive one crazy or give a you feeling that the eardrums will burst.

I had a rattle that sounded like it was coming from inside the passenger's side dash. My problem was a loose belt and tension rod. It was replaced and the rattle went away, however after about a month the rattle has come back. Someone else had a rattle and their solution was different from mine. Mine you could open the hood and hear the belt rattle, when of course it wanted too!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 06:19 PM

Quote:

guess thats something i'll have to try tomorrow. my girfriend had a Daewoo Leganza (i did say HAD, it was unfortunately totalled when a bicycle hit her broad-side. ) that when her daughter was in the back seat with the windows down, i thought my head was going to explode!!!! haven't tried it with the 'G' yet, but tomorrow......
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 09:01 PM

Quote:

deler fixed my rattle.its under hood on passenger side--lift the rubber that is near the shock tower--those seams need to be sealed -that was my ratle--body flex at that point-
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 03:24 PM

Simply because someone mentioned about their sunroof being noisy, I thought a copy of this TSB would be relevant

Wind Noise from Sunroof #04-08-67-005A (Jan 11, 2005)
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 09:35 AM

Thanks, but that TSB is for a single panel sunroof, not for a panoramic sunroof like mine.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 10:30 AM

... yes, I did notice that ... I couldn't find anything on the Panoramic but though it still might be relevant and note worthy for someone
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook2233
deler fixed my rattle.its under hood on passenger side--lift the rubber that is near the shock tower--those seams need to be sealed -that was my ratle--body flex at that point-
I looked for a while and cant seem to find the area you are talking about. The dealer here sucks and of course wont even bother to look anymore since the guy 'claims' he cant hear anything (even when you can here it plain as day).

A picture would help immensely! Thanks
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Couple of problems

Well the car was at the dealership for 2 days (5th time there for the whistling problem) They couldn't locate where the whistling is coming from. GM says that is the design of the car and there is nothing that can be done about it.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 07:36 AM

I would try a different dealer.
Make him go with you on a test drive of a different G6 to listen for the noise.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Well the car was at the dealership for 2 days (5th time there for the whistling problem) They couldn't locate where the whistling is coming from. GM says that is the design of the car and there is nothing that can be done about it.
i think that if you check with GM, they will tell you that your vehicle must have been one of the later production G6's that have incorporated into the electronics a DWD. while i am not sure how DWD works or if it is something that can be turned off by your dealer, i DO know that if YOU can hear it, then you must have either excellent hearing or very sensitive ear drums. i was told that when the DWD was activated (i believe when reaching 30+mph), that it would normally be undetected by the passengers in the car. i know for a fact that a couple of our members have G6's WITHOUT the DWD, but i would say you must be one of the lucky ones.

ask your dealership to see if the DWD can be 'deactivated' or 'toned down' and if so, that should solve your problem. oh, for those not in the 'know', DWD stands for "Deer Warning Device"..... gotcha!!!
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6Action
i think that if you check with GM, they will tell you that your vehicle must have been one of the later production G6's that have incorporated into the electronics a DWD. while i am not sure how DWD works or if it is something that can be turned off by your dealer, i DO know that if YOU can hear it, then you must have either excellent hearing or very sensitive ear drums. i was told that when the DWD was activated (i believe when reaching 30+mph), that it would normally be undetected by the passengers in the car. i know for a fact that a couple of our members have G6's WITHOUT the DWD, but i would say you must be one of the lucky ones.

ask your dealership to see if the DWD can be 'deactivated' or 'toned down' and if so, that should solve your problem. oh, for those not in the 'know', DWD stands for "Deer Warning Device"..... gotcha!!!
You know someone told me that I had a deer warning device on my G6 and I looked at them like they were crazy. The guy even pointed to it and I still thought he was nuts!! I, however, don't hear it and I have excellent hearing, unlike my vision!!
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 02:35 PM

? I don't know/think I have this? Any way to be certain? That ruins my chances of actually tagging a deer and getting out of this thing
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 02:52 PM

The whistle can be fixed with new weather stripping. I have the part number somewhere if anyone needs it to tell their dealer... It fixed mine...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in